Ziyarat Places in Madina and Virtue of Madina
Assalamu alaikum ,Have You been to Madina ? It is mesmerizing. Right? Here I have compiled a comprehensive list of the Ziyarat places in Madina which can be of great help ,In sha Allah. But let us first read the Virtue of Madina -the city of the Prophet .
Virtue of Madina:
“For the believer, Madina is the best place. If only they could understand it’s virtue fully, they would never leave it, and whoever departs from Madinah, having become disenchanted with it, Allah will send someone better to replace him. And whoever bears patiently the ordeals of Madinah, for him shall I be an intercessor(or witness) on the Day of Qiyamah.” [Muslim]
MADINA IS IMMUNE TO DAJJAL “There will be no town which Ad-Dajjal (the anti-Christ) will not enter except Makkah and Madinah, and there will be no entrance (road) but the angels will be standing in rows guarding it against him, and then Madinah will shake with its inhabitants thrice and Allah will expel all the nonbelievers and the hypocrites from it.” [Bukhari]
Ziyarat Places in Madina
- The virtue of Masjid Quba is mentioned in the following Quranic verse in Surah Taubah: “…certainly a masjid founded on piety from the very first day is more deserving that you should stand in it…” [9:108]
- The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: “He who purifies himself at his home and comes to Masjid Quba and offers two rakats therein, will be rewarded the reward of an Umrah (lesser pilgrimage).” [Sunan ibn Majah] .So,If you are going on a jiyarah to Madina ,make sure you read 2 rakat of Salah in Masjid Quba because it’s reward is equal to that of Hajj.
Location chosen by Allah:When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) migrated to Madinah (then called Yathrib), the chiefs of the city and his immediate followers rode around his camel in their best clothes and in glittering armour. Everyone was hoping he would stop by their house. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) would answer everyone politely and kindly, “[This camel] is commanded by Allah; wherever it stops, that will be my home.” The camel moved on with slackened reins, reaching the site of the present masjid and knelt down. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) alighted and said, “This is the home” and inquired as to who owned the land. The land contained a few date trees, graves of polytheists, a resting spot for herds of cattle and was owned by two orphan brothers, Sahl and Suhail. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) purchased the land, had the trees cleared and the polytheists graves dug up and levelled
- Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: “Whoever performs forty salah in my masjid, not missing one salah in the masjid, for him is granted exemption from the fire of Hell, and exemption from punishment and he shall remain free of hypocrisy.” [Ahmad]
- Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said:“One salah offered in my masjid is superior to one thousand salahs offered in other masjids except Masjid al-Haram (Makkah al-Mukarramah).” [Bukhari]
- Read 15 Rare Known facts about Masjid Nabawi
- With regards visiting Madinah and performing the Ziyarah (visiting the grave of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him)), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: “Whoever visits me after my death is like he who had visited me during my life.” [Tabraani] “Whoever performs his Hajj in Makkah, then comes to Madinah with the sole aim of visiting me in my Masjid, for him shall be written (the rewards of) two accepted Hajj.” [Daylami] “When a person stands at my grave reciting blessings on me, I hear it; and whoever calls for blessings on me in any other place, his every need in this world and in the hereafter is fulfilled and on the day of Qiyamah I shall be his witness and intercessor.” [Bayhaqi]
- Read about My experience in Rawdah
(4) RIYAAD-UL-JANNAH The area between the Sacred Chamber and the Pulpit (Mimbar) is known as the Riadhul Jannah i.e. Garden of Paradise. It is presently distinguished by a green carpet and is also referred to as Rawdah.
- Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: “Between my house and my pulpit lays a garden from the gardens of Paradise, and my pulpit is upon my fountain (Al-Kauthar).” [Bukhari]
- Scholars have interpreted the above narration as follows: The Garden is parallel to a garden above it in Paradise. Or it is in reality a garden of paradise, which will be returned to paradise in the hereafter. Or it is like the gardens of paradise, because the peace and tranquility which is experienced in it when engaged in the remembrance of Allah resembles that of paradise. [Akhbar Madina tur Rasool, Ibn Najjar]
- See the Secrets Spots of Masjid Nabawi
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) used to say his prayers here and afterwards moved to the place at Ustuwaanah Hannanah. It is also called the Ustuwaanah Qu’rah. The reason for this is that Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) reports that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: “In this masjid is one such spot that if people knew the true blessed nature thereof, they would flock towards it in such in a manner to pray there they would have to cast such lots .” People asked her to point out the exact spot which she refused to do. Later on, at the persistence of Abdullah bin Zubair (may Allah be pleased with him) she pointed to this spot. Hence it is called Ustuwaanah Aisha, because the Hadith is reported by her and the exact spot was shown by her. It is a fact that Abu Bakr and Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) very often used to pray here.
So,Whe you go for Ziyarah, try to locate this spot .Unfortunately I do not have much information about the location of this spot because it is inaccessible to ladies.
5)Masjid E Juma
This is the first mosque where our Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) offered the first Khutba of Juma Mubarak on Friday (Yum Al Juma).
6)Masjid Al Bilal
Masjid Bilal is named after a Companion of Muhammad SAW. Bilal was a former Abyssinian slave who accepted Islam. He was freed by Abu Bakar r.a. who purchased Bilal while Bilal was under torture by his master for revealing that he was a Muslim. He is well known for being the first Muslim to call the Adhan.
7)Masjid Abu Bakr
This was Home of Hazrat Abu Bakar Siddique which was later converted to a Masjid by Saudi Authroirities.
It is the Well of Shifa in Madina E Munawwara. This well had poisonous water it was converted into Well of Shifa after Mohammed (PBUH) Spitted into the well (loaab e dahen) During the battle of Badr. Its Water is still Sweet.
There was a time in Madina when it faced huge shortage of water, due to lack of rainfall. All the wells were dried and barren. Only one well owned by a Jew had water in it. The Jew owner was very biased and sold water on very high prices to the Muslims, and offered absolutely free water to the Jews.
When this news reached the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم he asked all the Muslims, “Anyone who wants a house in JANNAT should buy that well for the Muslims.”
This saying of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم reached Hazrat Usman bin Affan رضي الله عنه, that only buying a well can make house in Jannat, he instantly decided to buy that well. He went to that Jew and asked him his price for that well but he said to sell only half of it. Hazrat Usman رضي الله عنه bought half of the well and made it Waqf for the Muslims i.e. they could have as much free water as they wanted.
Now no one purchased water from that Jew, so he asked Hazrat Usman to buy the other half as well which he did happily. Since then this well is known as Bir Uthman.
9)Site of Battle of Trench (Khandaq)
The Battle of Khandaq took place during the time of Prophet .It is also called as battle of Confederates and Surah Al Ahzab was revealed to denote the confederacy of non-believers and Jews against Islam.Here there are Seven Masjids . A Trench was dug on the idea of Salman Al Farsi (Raliallahu Anhu). Prophet (Peace be upon him)
10)Bir e Ali
“Bir-e-Ali” or the Well of Ali [a]. When returning from an expedition, the army of Imam Ali [a] once ran out of water. He dug this well from which water continues to flow even today. This place is not too far from Masjid Shajarah (Miqat)
(11)JANNAT-UL-BAQI It is praiseworthy to ask Allah Ta’ala for a death in the city of His Final Messenger (Allah bless him and grant him peace), the illuminated Madinah. There is also a great significance in being buried in the al-Baqi’ graveyard. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said, “On the day of Qiyamah my grave shall be opened first and I shall step forth. Then shall Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) step forth and then Umar (may Allah be pleased with him). Then shall I proceed to Baqi and take all its inmates with me. Then shall we await the inmates of the graveyard of Makkah, who shall meet me halfway between Makkah and Madinah.”[Tirmidhi]
(12)MASJID-E-QIBLATAIN This is Masjid Qiblatain (Mosque of the Two Qiblas). It is historically important to Muslims as this is where in Rajjab 2 AH the revelation of the Quran came to change the direction of the Qibla from Bait-al-Maqdis in Jerusalem to the Ka’bah in Makkah. THE START OF HOSTILITY BETWEEN JEWS AND MUSLIM
- The Jews were eagerly waiting for the arrival of a prophet who, according to their scriptures, would appear in Madinah. They used to taunt the local Arabs that when he did arrive, according to their prophesies, the Jews would destroy the pagans as the ancient people of Aad and Thamud had been destroyed for their idolatry. However, when they realized that the final prophet was chosen among the Arabs rather than from the Jews their pride got the better of them and they rejected him even though as the Quran mentions (in 2:146) they recognized him as they recognize their sons. In spite of this, there were some Jews who embraced Islam, most notably Hussain bin Salam, one of their most learned Rabbis. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) changed his name to Abdullah bin Salam.
- While it was a day of joy for the Muslims, it was a day of mourning for the Jews. The Muslims had now become completely independent of them and a prophecy in their old books had been fulfilled that the last of the great prophets would change the orientation of the religion of Allah from Jerusalem to the Ancient House of Ebrahim (upon him be peace). Their elders went as a body to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and said that if he would change his orientation back to Jerusalem, then they would follow him. Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He) revealed in the Quran in Surah al-Baqarah: “And even if thou broughtest unto those who have received the Scriptures all kinds of portents, they would not follow thy Qibla, nor canst thou be a follower of their Qibla; nor are some of them followers of the Qibla of others. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which has come unto thee, then surely wert thou of the evil doers.”[2:145]
- The Muslims began to have a distinctive character while the Jews began to grow closer to the hypocrites and the polytheists. Many of the Hypocrites reverted to either Judaism or paganism, thereby purifying the ranks of the Muslims.
(13)MOUNTAINS OF HEAVEN AND MOUNTAINS OF HELL uhud is a mountain of heaven and jabl-e Ayr,the second largest mountain after Uhud located at the southern boundery of madina is described as a mountain of hell.
- The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) declared, “Uhud is a mountain which loves us and which we love, it is upon the Gate of Heaven”adding, “And Ayr is a place which hates us and which we hate, it is upon the Gate of Hell.”
- ‘Ayr’ means a ‘wild ass’, whereas Uhud is derived from Ahad, meaning ‘one’, — so called because it is fated to be the place of victory to those who worship one God. The very names, say Muslim sages, make it abundantly evident that even as the men of Al-Madinah were of two parties, friendly and hostile to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), so were these mountains.
Last but not the least the thrill of visiting Madina is incomplete without visiting the wadi-e-jinn.It is around 30-40 km from Madina.here your car will run at 120kmph even when your engine is switched off and when water is poured in the slope,it flows against the slope.And there is one authentic hadith on wadi-e jinnHadees on Wadi-e-Al-Baida or Wadi -e-Jinn in Madina and its significance.
Narated Aisha r.d.a. : Allahs Apostle said : An army will invade the kaaba and when the invaders will reach Al Baida (Wadi -e- Jinn) all the ground will sink and swallow the whole army..I said “O Allahs Apostle pbuh! how will thy sink into the ground while amongst them will be their markets(ppl who worked in business and not invaders) and the people not belonging to them? the prophet replied all of those people will sink but thy will be resurrected and judged according to their intentions. Read about MY EXPERIENCE IN WADI-E-JINN
Reference: (1) The life of Muhammad – Tahia Al-Ismail(2)History of Madinah Munawwarah – Dr. Muhammad Ilyas Abdul Ghani, (3)Wikipedia,
If You like this article,Start a discussion on this topic or leave us a feedback in the comment box below.
Love this Article ? ❤❤ Download it as pdf.