The ministry of Saudi Arabia aims to serve pilgrims and visitors of Makkah within in its utmost capacity. “The e-bracelet will be a technological revolution that will expedite many processes such as collecting statistics of pilgrims.”
FEATURES OF E-BRACELET
- the e-bracelet is water resistant and is to be worn by each pilgrim. “The e-bracelet has a barcode where all of the pilgrim’s information is stored.
- The information stored includes address of residence in the Kingdom and full medical records. By scanning the barcodes, the ministry will be able to obtain all the information it needs.”
- The e-bracelet will have services for pilgrims as well as a GPS system.
- The e-bracelet will also have a prayer times alert, a compass pointing the pilgrims to where they should face when they pray, Haj and Umrah steps and supplications for both pilgrimages.”
- The e-bracelet will be a technological revolution that will expedite many processes such as collecting statistics of pilgrims.”
WHEN WILL IT BE INTRODUCED
- The initial feasibility study into introducing the scheme is completed according to a source of government department.
- “The project is now with the Ministry of Finance for a budgeting proposal. Once the Ministry of Finance and the higher authorities approve the project, the Ministry of Haj will immediately implement it.”
The introduction of e-bracelet has been applauded by the people in general but it has also put a fear in the mind of illegals.Yes,there are many illegals pilgrims performing hajj every year.according to a study,the illigal pilgrims in 2013 was 484,000 compared to 1.4 million in 2012.It could be a check to the illigal pilgrimage.
What do you think,how successful will be the e bracelet for the pilgrims and for the kingdom?Tell us in the comment box below.
If you like this consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.