Dr Gary Miller &The Amazing Quran
Dr Gary Miller(Abdul-Ahad Omar)
Dr Gary Miller is a mathematician and a theologian. He was active in Christian missionary work at a particular point of his life but he soon began to discover many inconsistencies in the Bible. In 1978, he happened to read the Qur’an expecting that it, too, would contain a mixture of truth and falsehood.
He discovered to his amazement that the message of the Qur’an was precisely the same as the essence of truth that he had distilled from the Bible. He became a Muslim and since then has been active in giving public presentations on Islam including radio and television appearances. He is also the author of several articles and publications about Islam.
He says that,the key to avoiding this endless dissatisfaction is to satisfy ourselves about standards first; to satisfy ourselves that such and such are a list of criteria that constitute proof, satisfying proof, and then we test the subjects that we examine. In particular I will apply this to the Qur’an.
Ask a thoughtful Christian why he is Christian, and he will usually reply, “The miracle of Resurrection.” The basis for his belief being that about two thousand years ago a man died and he was raised from the dead. That is his miracle, his ‘touchstone’, because all else depends on that.
Ask a Muslim, “Well, what is your miracle? Why are you a Muslim? Where is your miracle?” and the Muslim can go over and take his miracle off the shelf and hand it over to you because his miracle is still with us today. It is the Qur’an; it is his ‘touchstone’.
He has recorded his amazement in the book: ‘The Amazing Quran”
He says that Calling the Quran amazing is not something done only by Muslims, who have an appreciation for the book and who are pleased with it; it has been labelled amazing by non-Muslims as well. In fact, even people who hate Islam very much have still called it amazing.
Dr.Gary Miller says that ‘no author in the world has the courage of writing a book free of errors, but the Koran says, on the contrary that it has no error and also challenges you to find the errors .He discusses some important topics that opened his mind to Islam.Some of which are
- Scientific approach of Quran
- The source of the Quran
- Origin of the universe and life
- Mathematical approach of Quran
- Quran mentions about “the people of the book”
- The miraculous nature of Bees
- Exactness of time zones
- The catholic churches studying the Qur’an for centuries in an attempt to find proof that it is a fabrication, yet they have not done so.
- The falsification test:“Do they not consider the Quran? Had it been from any other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy.”
- The surprising attitude of Quran: the Quran repeatedly deals with its advice to the reader. The Quran informs the reader about different facts and then gives the advice: “If you want to know more about this or that, or if you doubt what is said, then you should ask those who have knowledge.” This too is a surprising attitude
- Proof of authencity of quran
Dr Gary Miller talks about the instances in his life and his researchs and analysis that got him accept Islam.In my opinion this book is a best of its kind.It is a must read and infact we should gift this book to every aethist.I have enjoyed this book to the extent,that I would like to read it a hundred times more.It is so engazing and full of wisdom.
- Publisher: Abul-Qasim Publishing House (January 1, 1992)
- ISBN-10: 9960792242
- ISBN-13: 978-9960792248
- Price:21.37 $
Dr Gary Miller’s conversion to Islam:
Dr.Gary Miller, reverted to Islam and took the name Abdul-Ahad Omar, and worked for years at the University of Petroleum and Minerals in Saudi Arabia before devoting himself completely to the call of Islam and providing programs on television and radio public lectures that displays the Islam theology and law.
An intersting read.Have you read this book?Would you like to read it?Feel free to share your views.