Dua for forgiveness of Sins
Allah says, Then, verily! Your Lord for those who do evil (commit sins and are disobedient to Allâh) in ignorance and afterward repent and do righteous deeds, verily, your Lord thereafter, (to such) is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [An-Nahl 16:119]. So if we repent with a clear heart and read the Duas taught by Prophet(SAW) to seek forgiveness. In sha Allah, Allah will forgive.
Dua for forgiveness :
- Make tauba of Sins
- Make a firm intention not to return to sinning
- Seek Forgiveness with these duas.
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ
“O Allah! You are my Lord. There is no God except You. You created me and I am Your slave. To the best of my ability, I will abide by my covenant and pledge to You. I seek Your protection from the evil of my own creation. I acknowledge Your favors to me and I admit my sins. So please forgive me for no one can forgive sins except You.”
Hadith on Sayyid ul istighfar : Hadith on forgiveness
In one hadith, Abdullah bin Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
“The one who (regularly) says Istighfaar, that is, frequently repent to Allah Ta’aala for sins committed, Allah Azza Wa-Jal will open a path from poverty and difficulties. All sorrow and hardship will be removed, and in its place prosperity and contentment granted. One will receive sustenance from unimagined and unexpected sources.”
The Prophet Muhammad (saw) has taught us many words of repentance and it is good if we learn, understand, and use them. Of these one has been mentioned as Syed-ul-Istighfar (the master of forgiveness). A hadith explains its extraordinary significance: “If a believer says this with complete faith and sincerity in the morning and dies before that evening, he will enter paradise. If he says it during the night and dies before the morning, he will enter paradise.” This powerful du’a is our daily pledge of allegiance. We will do well to memorize it in Arabic and never let a day or night go by without saying it with full consciousness
What is the dua for forgiveness of any sin?
Dua for forgiveness 01
اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
Afuwwun TuHibbulAfwa Fa
‘O Allah, you are the Forgiver, You love to forgive, so forgive me.’ – Musnad Ahmad, Sunan ibn Majah and at-Tirmidhi.
Dua for forgiveness 02
Rabbana innanā amanna, faghfir lana, dhunoobana wa-qinna ‘adhāāban-naar
(Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire)
[surah Ali’ Imran; 3:16]
Dua for forgiveness 03
Rabbana la tu’a-khidhna in-nasina aw akta’na, Rabbana wa la tahmil ‘alaiyna isran kama hamaltahu ‘alal-ladheena min qablina. Rabbana wala tuham-milna mala taqata-lana beh. Wa’fu-‘anna, waghfir-lana war hamna, Anta maulana fansurna ‘alal qawmil kaafireen
(Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us, Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against Faith)
[surah al-Baqarah; 2:286]
What does Allah swt say about forgiveness?
- As for those who turn to Allah in sincere repentance, Allah will turn to them in forgiveness. Allah calls all the polytheists, sinners, and transgressors to seek His forgiveness and declares to them that the doors to His mercy are wide open: “O My servants who have transgressed against their souls! Do not despair of Allah’s mercy, for Allah forgives all sins. He is Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Sūrah al-Zumar: 53]
- Allah says: “Announce, (O Muhammad) to My slaves that verily I am the Forgiving, the Merciful.” [Sūrah al-Hijr: 49]
- “I am Forgiving to those who repent and believe and do good, and afterward follow right guidance.” [Sūrah TāHā: 82]
- “The angels glorify and praise their Lord and seek forgiveness for those on the earth. Verily, Allah is the Forgiving, the Merciful”.[Surah Ash-Shura 42:5]
- In one instance, the Qur’an refers to Allah as being “the best of those who forgive” when relating where Moses offers the following supplication: “You are our Protector: so forgive us and give us Your mercy; for you are the best of those who forgive.” [Sūrah al-A`rāf: 155]
- Allah mentions the claim of the Christians who say: “Indeed Allah is one of three.” In the very next verse, Allah says: “Will they not turn to Allah and ask His forgiveness? For Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” [Sūrah al-Mā’idah: 74]
We have covered this topic in detail: What does Quran says on Forgiveness?
So these were the Dua for Forgiveness. May Allah forgive our Sins.
Quran reference can be checked at Quran.com
You May Like to Read
If you like this consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.