Dua for Sick Parents
Life has its own rules. As I am growing up and becoming mature, I see you, my dear Parents getting your grey hairs and getting caught with those Diabetes and Hypertension Monsters. It is so saddening to hear you are not well at times. I wish to See you and be by your Side. Alhumdulillah the technology has made it Possible to communicate as If we are Sitting side by Side and It is relieving to see you Everyday. I wish I could become your Best Medicine. I Wish Allah Could make me a Source of Immense Reward to you. May Allah ease your distress and lessen your Pains.
Dua for Sick Parents
“ أَذْهِبِ الْبَاسْ رَبَّ النَّاسْ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي لاَ شِفَاءَ إِلاَّ شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءً لاَ يُغَادِرُ سَقَمًا ” .
“Adhhibil-bas, Rabban-nas, washfi Antash-Shafi, la shifa’a illa shifa’uka shifa’an la yughadiru saqama ”
(Take away the pain, O Lord of mankind, and grant healing, for You are the Healer, and there is no healing but Your healing that leaves no trace of sickness).” Sunan Ibn Majah 3520.
Life is a Test
I acknowledge that Life is a Test.Among the trials with which Allah tests His slaves in order to distinguish the believers from the disbelievers is that which He mentions in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):
“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabiroon (the patient).Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]
Allaah tests us, sometimes with calamities and sometimes with blessings, to show who will be thankful and who will be ungrateful, and who will obey and who will disobey, then He will reward or punish them on the Day of Resurrection:
“and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good. And to Us you will be returned”[al-Anbiya’ 21:35 – interpretation of the meaning]
O Allah,Make Me and My Parents and all the People of My Ummah Pass this Test. Ameen.
There are two Dua for parents from the Quran which are Very Powerful
I have Come Across two Dua from Quran that you can Make:
Make dua for your Parents, dua for sick mom or sick dad or for recovery of your mother from some illness
“My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.” [Quran; Surah Al-Isra, Verse 24]
“Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established.” [Quran: Surah Ibrahim, Verse 41]
Read : Dua for Deceased
And there are Some dua which we come along from the hadeeths which we can read for our Sick Parents.
Dua for Sick Parents from Hadeeths
- 1)Hadrat Aishah (r.a.) reports that the Prophet (saws) used to seek refuge in Allah for some of his family members. He used to touch them with his right hand, saying:
Allahahuma Rabbin nas adhhabal ba’sa, ashfi wa antashafi, la shifa’ illa shifa’uka shifa’ la yughadiru saqma
(O Allah! The Sustainer of mankind! Remove the illness, cure the disease. You are the One Who cures. There is no cure except Your cure. Grant (us) a cure that leaves no illness.)Related by Bukhari and Muslim.
- 2)’Uthman ibn Abu Al-‘As relates that “once he complained of pain in his body to Allah’s Messenger (saws). The Messenger of Allah (saws) him, said: ‘Put your hand where you feel pain in your body and say, “Bismillah (in the name of Allah),” and say,
“A ‘udhu bi ‘izzatillah wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa uhadhiru (I seek refuge in the might of Allah and in His Power from the evil that I find and that I fear),” seven times’.” ‘Uthman continued: “I did that a few times and Allah removed my pain. I always advised my family and others to do the same.”Related by Muslim.
- 3)Muhammad ibn Salim reported: “Thabit Al-Banani said to me: ‘O Muhammad ! When you have any pain, put your hand where you feel pain, then say: Bismallaha’udhu bi’izatillah min shari ma ajidu min waj’i hadha (In the Name of Allah! I seek refuge in Allah’s might from the evil of this pain.) Then remove your hand, and repeat the same for an odd number of times. Then he said to me that Anas ibn Malik had told him that Allah’s Messenger (saws) had taught this to him.”Related by Tirmidhi.
- 4)’Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas reported that the Prophet (saws) said: “When someone visits a sick person whose time of death has not come, and says seven times: As’alu Allah al ‘azim Rabbil ‘arshil azim an yshfiaka (I ask Allah, the Mighty, the Lord of the Mighty Throne, to cure you,) Allah will cure him of that illness,Allah Willing.”Related by Abu Daw’ud and Tirmidhi.
- 5)Yahya related from Malik from Rabia ibn Abi Abd ar-Rahman from Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet (saws), that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said, “If a misfortune befalls some one and he says, as Allah has ordered, ‘We belong to Allah and to Him we are returning. O Allah, reward me in my misfortune and give me better than it afterwards,’ Allah will do that for him“
Alhumdulillah for everything.O Allah ! I am your slave.Our parents are a blessing for us. Keep them in goood health and forgive their sins and guide them and enter them into jannah. O Allah ! give us patience and keep us righteous.
Hadeeth ref : Sunnah.com
You May Like to Read
This article is Originally written by Aafiya for Islamhashtag.com If you like this, consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.
If you want to support our Quran Project, Become a member: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/fahm/membership