Jamiat holds protest against CAB LAW in tow thousand cities and towns across India.Maulana Mahmood Madani, General Secretary of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind urges honorable President of India to use his good office for stopping the injustice and communally targeted draconian law ( CAB). Also appeals to the Apex Court for taking suo moto notice of the bill.
See How is CAB discreminatory against Muslims
The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill proposes to grant citizenship to the non-Muslims Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhist, Jains and Parsis — from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh who arrived in India before December 31, 2014.
In other words, the CAB paves way for Indian citizenship to lakhs of immigrants, who identify themselves with any of the given religions, even if they lacked any document to prove their residency. It also means that any immigrant who does not belong to the said communities would not be eligible for Indian citizenship.
New Delhi, December, 13,2019:- Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind (JUH) today held protest demonstrations in about than two thousand cities and towns across India. Maulana Mahmood Madani, General Secretary of (JUH) led the protest demonstration at Jantar Mantar Delhi. On this occasion in every city across India like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Nalgunda, Nagpur, Kolkata Bhopal, Ahmadabad, Pune, Surat, Chandigarh, Varansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Gowaliyar, etc. protest demonstration were organized against CAB. Huge numbers of demonstrators were displaying placards bearing slogans like “Save-Constitution, Withdraw CAB, Division on basis of religion unacceptable, CAB will divide people on religious lines. We condemn this communal law and CAB means Conspiracy Against India”
Here at Jantar Mantar, Delhi Maulana Mahmood Madani, General Secretary of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind while addressing the protest demonstration said that this law is against the Constitution of India which denies discrimination on the basis of religion. He exhorted the Muslim youths to maintain peace and tranquility. This is temporary phase of hardship and soon Muslim community will wriggle out of it. He also said that to live a life of dignity we have to display courage as well as patience. Maulana Niaz Ahmad Farooqui, Secretary JUH while addressing the demonstrators said that though the bill has been passed by the both houses of parliament, the battle has just begun now. Muslims never think about profit and loss while raising their voice against injustice but they are guided by their religion and faith which urges to raise voice whenever the injustice is committed. Like at Jantar Mantar major protests were organized in all major cities and towns.
After the demonstration across the country a memorandum was also submitted to the Honorable President of India through District magistrates, District Collectors and Sub divisional magistrate.
Here is the text of memorandum:
The President of India
Through: DM / DC / SDM / …………………………
1. We, the members and supporters of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind denounce the communally inspired Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019. It uses religion as legal criterion for determining Indian citizenship. The stated intent of the Bill to provide refuge to persecuted minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan seems to camoflouge the discrimination and division on the basis of religion. It violates the pluralistic fabric of the country.
2. The idea of India that emerged from the independence movement, architects of the nation, and as enshrined in our constitution, is that of a country that aspires to treat people of all faiths equally. The use of religion as a criterion for citizenship in the concerned bill would mark a radical break with this history and would be inconsistent with the basic structure of the constitution.
3. The articles 14 & 15 of the Indian constitution prohibit the State from denying “to any person equality before the law and from discrimination on the basis of religion, caste and creed. The Bill passed by both the houses of parliament violates the spirit of the Constitution and its basic structure.
4. The bill also violates Assam Accord 1985 which fixes 25.03.1971 as the cut-off date for the detection of foreigners in Assam. As such arbitrarily nullifying this Accord will disturb the peaceful atmosphere in the Northern East regions.
5. We reject this unconstitutional and draconian bill and appeal to all justice-loving and secular people of our great country to raise their voice collectively and employ every possible peaceful and legal means to lodge their protest to stall its implementation.
6. We appeal to the honourable President of India to use his good office to stop the injustice and communal targeting of people through such draconian law. We also appeal to the honourable Supreme Court of India to take suo moto notice of the condemnable majoritarian legislation whereby the basic structure of the constitution will be destroyed.
Media incharge Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind
Use #islamhashtag and share it to your social media so that more and more People can benefit from it. Jazak Allah Khair.
Printable Islamic Workbooks
Ramadan Journal The purpose of this journal is to aid our connection with the month of Ramadan, to help us recognise and throw away the…
Learn 30 Quranic Dua in 30 days of Ramadan. Quranic Dua in Arabic with English translation & transliteration. Learn One Rabbana Dua Each Day. Bold…
Arabic Alphabet Writing Book: Practice Workbook for children kids and beginners, Standalone letters Alif to Ya With Free Arabic Alphabets Flashcards . Sample Pages :…
Looking for Dua Coloring Book ? These Dua Coloring Pages have daily Recommended duas which the child can learn and trace. These are exactly the…