Do you Know about the Price of the Pigeons in the Bird Market of Madina ?
During a tour of the bird market in Madinah, you see all kinds and shapes of pigeons from across the world. Talaat Hamza Zakour, a pigeon breeder, tells about the different kinds of Pigeon and about his hobby of keeping birds which has occupied him since his childhood. He said , “At first I did not know the types of pigeons but with the passage of time I got to know them, and that each one has a different advantage.
There are many types of Pigeons-
- The Homing pigeon is considered the ‘best’ of its kind and the price of a single pigeon may reach more than SR100,000 ($26,666).”He also said that homing pigeons “are rare in Madinah because no competitions are organized here.
- “Fancy pigeons come next. These birds are known by different names including the Kuwaiti, Butterfly, Mango, Turkish and Mookee pigeon and their price sometimes reaches SR2,000 each.
- The price of the Jacobin pigeon reaches up to SR6,000, the Sudanese pigeon is worth SR3,000, the Syrian pigeon SR800, English pigeon SR4,000 and the Pakistani pigeon is worth SR3,000.”
- According to Zakour, there is a special Turkish breed that can fetch up to SR40,000, but the homing pigeons are considered the most expensive.
- Zakour pointed out there is a kind of pigeon called “Al-Zaeem” meaning “the leader.” It is, he said, very popular among amateurs and is also priced at SR40,000.“It is called the ‘leader’ because it leads the flock of pigeons and has a distinct color and shape,” he said, adding that pigeons need health care, attention and time.
Ahmed Nour, an owner of a pet shop, says “the interest in pigeon breeding has diminished as a result of people’s preoccupation with other things, and modern technology has made many people refrain from keeping and caring for them.”
Ref : Arab News
Words fail us in the face of this latest massacre in the christchurch Mosque in New Zealand . We lost more than 50 brothers and sisters who were praying their Jumuah Salah in christchurch Mosque in NewZealand . May Allah give sabr to their families and grant them highest place in Jannah. In honor of the Martyrs I have compiled a list of names of the Martyrs and their stories which were sent to Khaled Beydoun by their family members and friends . I have only included the People who lost their life .With recent images coming up the list has ...
Before the shooting starting, the Al Noor mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch was “peaceful, calm and quiet”. “As it is when the sermon starts, you could hear a pin drop,” a man identified as Ramzan told reporters on Friday.Then about 1.40pm during afternoon prayers, gunfire broke out.“It started in the main room ... I was in the side room, so I didn’t see who was shooting but I saw that some people were running out to my room where I was in, I saw some people had blood on their body and some people were limping,” Ramzan told reporters.“It ...