A List of Muslim Scholars and Speakers of Present Day and their Subject of lectures.
Here I have Compiled a list of Present day Sunni Muslim Scholars whose lectures are Very beneficial to the Ummah .I am Sorry because I haven’t included the lectures of Shia Muslim Scholars in the list because I have no ideas about their lectures .
The Scholars You will find in the list are very renown Muslim Scholars who have done great work for the Ummah and have produced for us beneficial digital lectures which we can listen in the comfort of our home. Check this list and Suggest me If I have missed your favorite Sunni Muslim Scholar.I Start with the Urdu Speakers.
Urdu speakers and Sunni Muslim Scholars whose lectures are available in Urdu:
- Dr Israr Ahmed :Israr Ahmed was a prominent Pakistani Islamic theologian,philosopher and an Islamic scholar .Ahmed wrote and published 60 books on different aspects of Islam and religion, nine of which were translated into English.Prior to that, he was a television personality and daily hosted a religious show on Peace TV.You can listen to his Quran bayan which is the detailed tafseer of Quran.
- Adv Faiz syed :He is the president of Islamic Research Centre and his lectures are worth listening to.He takes many question and answers sessions and help the people in their dealing of day to day affair.
- Sheikh Meraj Rabbani-He is one of the famous Urdu Speaker whose effect upon the common masses is very huge especially his speeches against deviant sects. He is very well known in India as a speaker from Jamiyyath Ahle Hadees Hind. He is a member of the Shura of Dal Ul Iftah Wal Irshad in Bangalore, Where fatwas are issued to common people. As he himself states in one of his tape that we have in our possession (Islam and grave worshiping) that he has reverted from Barelwiyyah.
- Muhammad taqi usmani-Muhammad Taqi Usmani is a Hanafi Islamic scholar from Pakistan. He is an expert in the fields of Islamic Jurisprudence(fiqh), economics, Tasawwuf, and hadith. He also held a number of positions on the Shariah Boards of prestigious Islamic institutions.He translated of the Holy Qur’an in both English and Urdu language.
- Maulana Tariq Jameel : Tariq Jameel’s lectures incorporate a wide range of issues of Islam and social concern. He especially emphasizes on self-rectification, self-accountability, honesty in social life, avoidance of violent ways, observance of God’s commands, and the following of the teachings and the model of life as suggested by the Prophet Muhammad.
- Dr. Murtaza Bin Bakhsh : Dr Murtaza Bin Baksh is a Pakistani Scholar He currently resides in Jeddah and conducts regular classes on Aqeedah, Manhajj, Fiqh and Shariah. He has given around 2000 lectures Alhamdulillah, on variety of Islamic topics.
- Shaykh Abdul Mohsin Al Abaad. He is a lecturer in Islamic university of zmadina .mentioned before, Shaikh ýAbdul-Muhsin holds regular lessons at the Prophetýs Masjid in addition to teaching in the University. He also holds some classes in his masjid. From the classical works that he would explain in the Haram during his lessons there and which can be found in the tape library at the Haram:1. An explanation of the abridgement of al-Alfiyyah of As-Suyootee (57 tapes)
2. An explanation of the Creed of Ibn Abee Zayd Al-Qayrawaanee (14 tapes)
3. An explanation of Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree, which he did not complete (623 tapes)
4. An explanation of Sunan An-Nasaaýee (414 tapes)
5. An explanation of Sunan Abee Dawood (272 tapes) and still ongoing
6. An explanation of the Book of Fasting from al-Lulýlu wal-Marjaan (7 tapes)
7. An explanation of Adaab-ul-Mashee ilaas-Salaat (14 tapes)
- Shaykh Abdullah Gunaiman : Shaykh Abdullah Gunaiman been teaching Fiqh; and its Usool and Principals; and Hadeeth and its Sciences; and Tafseer and its branches of knowledge; and `Aqeedah; and Fiqh;
- Irshad ul haq Asri (Pakistan) :There are some good lectures of his on internet and he is a famous speaker of pakistan who has authored a number of books,
- Shaikh Abdul Azeem Madani (CIS Bangalore India):His lectures on explanation of aladabul mufrad is worth listening.
- Shaikh Abdul haseeb Madani (CIS Bangalore India)The respected Sheikh is currently teaching Sahih Al Bukhari at Masjid Abu Bakr, Bangalore
- Abu Zaid Zameer (Pune, India)He has some good questions and answers video available in youtube.
- Shaikh Tawseef ur RahmanSheikh” Saiyed Tauseef ur-Rehman Rashdi is an Islamic Orator. His aim is to spread the truth and remove the falsehood among Muslims. He talks in the light of Quran and Sunnah. Fazilat-e-Sheikh Tausif ur Rahman Rashidi (Hafizahullah) has devoted his life in eliminating different sects who are involved in great sins like SHIRK and propagating the real ISLAM based on only QURAN and Sahi A-HADITH. Sheikh is currently associated with Islamic Dawah and Guiding Center, Sulay, Riyadh.Urdu language currently residing in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. He is originally from Pakistan and have been involved in the Dawah of Qur’an and Sunnah. He is known especially to refute the Aqeedah of Deviant sects. He is also associated with Maktab-ae-Tauliat Jaliyaat in Saudi Arabia.
- Shaykh Muaz Abu Quhafah Nazeeri : You can listen his lecture on seerat hafiz ibn katheer.
- Shaykh Noorul Hasan Madani (CIS Bangalore India) :you can listen to his lecture on usool al hadeeth.
English speakers and Sunni Muslim Scholars whose lectures are available in English
Listen and Download the recent lectures of the famous speakers here
- Sheikh yasir Qadhi : He is an American Muslim scholar and writer of Pakistani descent, and Dean of Academic Affairs at the Al-Maghrib Institute, an Islamic educational institution.
He has written books and has lectured on Islam and contemporary Muslim issues. A 2011 New York Times Magazine essay described Qadhi as “one of the most influential conservative clerics in American Islam”.
Yasir Qadhi is a scholar of Hadith and Islamic Sciences.He speaks for muslim and his lectures can be found covering current affairs of muslims
- Mufti Menk : Mufti Menk is among one of the most famous Muslim scholars.He is the Head of the Fatwa Department of The Council of Islamic Scholars of Zimbabwe known as Majlisul Ulama Zimbabwe. He is also one of the Muathins and an Imaam at Masjid Al Falaah in Harare.
- Dr Bilal Philips : Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips was born in Kingston, Jamaica.He converted to Islam in 1972. His whole life has been exemplified by his goal of seeking and conveying Islamic knowledge in order to “Change the Muslim Nation through Islamic Education.
- Nauman ali khan : Nouman Ali Khan is an American Muslim speaker and founder, CEO and lead instructor at The Bayyinah Institute for Arabic and Qur’anic Studies.Nauman Ali Khan’s Lectures covers the topic of tafsir.In his lectures you can find him discussing the ayah of quran.He also speaks on current Issues.
- Faraz Fareed Rabbani : Sheikh Faraz Rabbani is a scholar and researcher of Islamic law and translatorof several Arabic works to the English language. His courses in seekershub are free and very informative.
- Sheikh Yusuf Estes : Yusuf Estes (born Joseph Estes, 1944) is an American Muslim preacher from Texas who converted from Christianity to Islam in 1991. usuf Estes Preaches about Islam and Islamic Principles.
- Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury: Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury is the Chairman and CEO of Mercy Mission. He has, from an early age, excelled in academic studies, consistently being awarded prizes and accolades for his various achievements.
- sheikh Yasir Birjas : His speciality in the subject of marriage and relations made him a highly sought marriage counselor for the Muslim community, and with four children and much experience, his parenting classes are equally popular. With his superb all-round grasp on the Islamic sciences, Shaykh Yaser is welcomed eagerly in every city he teaches whether it is his Usul, or Fiqh, or Financial Literacy or Relationship classes.
- Omar Sulaiman : Omar Suleiman is a world-renowned Islamic scholar from New Orleans, Louisiana. Since the year 2000, his journey of pursuing traditional Islamic learning has led him to spend years in the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Malaysia, etc.In media, he’s one of the creators of the internationally acclaimed “Inspiration Series” which has reached millions of Muslims and Non Muslims through YouTube and Islamic Television stations worldwide. He’s also known for his series on Quran weekly as well as his contributions to Hadith of the Day.
- Hamza Andreas Tzortzis :He is titled as extremist in most places but his lectures are very good and worth watching-“Islam and Aetheism?Which makes more Sense ?”
- Shaykh Kamal el-Mekki : Kamal El Mekki is a well-known Islamic speaker and lecturer in the United states. He has studied with numerous scholars from around the world and served as the Imam of George Mason University and has also served as a radio talk show host for a large Islamic radio station in America. He is mostly popular for his dawah workshop, “How to Give a Shahadah in Ten Minutes”. The workshop is six hours long and has been taught across the United States and throughout the world. It has been attended by thousands and has led hundreds into Islam. He also teaches a number of intensive courses designed for youth and has many lectures especially in the field of Islamic history.
- Sheikh Abu Adnan : Shaykh Abu Adnan has an ijaaza in the Quran, a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies and the Arabic Language, graduating with a high distinction and he has also completed a Masters in ‘Islamic Judicature and Political Theory’ at The AlMedinah International University
- Dr Saleh as Saleh :He Was a Hadith Scholar who wrote many English books and his lectures on explanation of Hadeeth is very Famous.
- Sh Shaddy : Sheikh Shady Alsuleiman from a Palestinian family who migrated to Australia in the late 1960s. He initially obtained an Ijazah with Sanad in complete and sound memorization of the Quran at Darul Uloom Al-Husainiah in Sindh, Pakistan
- Abdur Raheem Green : Abdur Raheem Green is a British Salafi Muslim convert who is known in some Muslim communities for his work in Dawah, both in televised formal settings and informal contexts such as Hyde Park’s Speakers Corner. He is a presenter on Peace TV.
- Sheikh Zaid Shakir : Zaid Shakir is a Muslim American scholar and co-founder of Zaytuna College in Berkeley,
- Sheikh abdullah bin bayyah : Abdallah bin Mahfudh ibn Bayyah is a Mauritanian professor of Islamic studies at the King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He is a specialist in all four traditional Sunni schools, with an emphasis on the Maliki Madh’hab.
- Sheikh hamza yusuf : Hamza Yusuf (born January 1, 1960) is an American Muslim scholar, and is co-founder of Zaytuna College.
- Shaykh Navaid Aziz :Hailing from Montreal, Quebec Sh Navaid is a man of many cultures and flavours. He completed an Associate’s degree in Commerce and Social Sciences before heading to the illustrious Islamic University of Madinah. Sh. Navaid went on to complete a diploma in the Arabic language as well as a Bachelors in Shari’ah (Islamic Law), with a specialization in Fiqh and Usul Al-Fiqh.
- Sheikh babikr:Sheikh Babikir was born in Sudan. He descends in lineage from Sayyiduna al-‘Abbas ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib (رضي الله عنه) through his father and Sayyiduna Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (رضي الله عنه) through his mother.Sheikh Babikir completed his studies of traditional Islamic Sciences under many great Scholars and Sheikhs of Africa and the Middle East. He studied, through authentic chains of transmission, the sciences of Tafsir (exegesis), Aqida (theology), Hadith (prophetic tradition), Seerah (the life and way the Prophet ﷺ), Maliki Fiqh (jurisprudence), Ta’wil-ahadith (dream interpretation) and Tasawwuf (sufism).
You can listen and download the Some Recent Lectures of Some Scholars Here.
Jazak Allah Khair.
If you like the article consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.
Follow us in our Social media Profiles: (facebook @islamhashtag), (instagram @islamhashtag ) and (pinterest @islamhashtag )