Updates on Hajj 2020

hajj 2020

Hajj 2020- Hajj during the Pandemics

hajj diary 2015
Hajj Image from Previous Year
  1. Starting today authorities will impose a ban on entering holy sites without a permit as the Kingdom braces for holding a limited pilgrimage this year due to fears of the new coronavirus.According to an earlier statement from an Interior Ministry official source, the restriction will come into effect from the 28th of Dhul Qadah, Islamic lunar month and runs until 12 Dhul Hijjah.
  2. Violations are punishable by a fine of SR10,000 that will be doubled in case of repetition. Security personnel will be on duty on all roads leading to the holy sites to prevent violations and detect any illegal attempt to enter the places during the designated period as well as apply related penalties to offenders.
  3. Saudi Arabia has decided to allow only a limited number of 10,000 domestic pilgrims to perform Hajj this year in the wake of the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. Around 2.5 million foreign and domestic pilgrims had performed Hajj last year.
  4. Out of the total 10,000 pilgrims, 70 percent will be foreigners residing in the Kingdom while the remaining 30 percent are Saudis.
  5. Preparations are under way to set up pilgrims’ grouping areas and check points at various entry points to the holy city of Makkah. Entry to the holy city and the holy sites will be restricted only for those who have Hajj permit effective from July 19 (Dhul Qada 28).
  6. At the entry points, veterinary teams have been tasked to ensure the safety and sound health of livestock being transported to the holy city as part of preparations for an epidemic free Hajj.
  7. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Finance has completed a major portion of the works of the western courtyards of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah and is expected to hand over shortly to the concerned authorities prior to the start of the Hajj pilgrimage.According to the information obtained by Okaz/Saudi Gazette, more than 90 of the project covering on an area of about 95,000 square meters with full lighting works has already been completed.
  8. At present, work is under way to link sound and electronic systems between the Prophet’s Mosque and the courtyard, which has the capacity to accommodate more than 80,000 worshipers.

Also read:My Hajj reflection –Hajj 2019

Hajj Magazine

This article is Originally written by Aafiya for If you like this, consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.

Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.

Follow us in our Social media Profiles: (facebook @islamhashtag), (instagram @islamhashtag ) and (pinterest @islamhashtag )

avatar of islam hashtag
About Islam Hashtag 972 Articles
Welcome to Islam Hashtag, your trusted source for all things related to Islam, spirituality, and daily living. Explore a wide range of articles on various aspects of Islam, including faith, practice, Islamic history, Islamic Finance and spirituality. Connect with us to improve your journey of Islamic Learning.

Be the first to comment

Let us know what you think about what you just read