99 Names of Allah with meaning
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: There are ninety-nine names of Allah; he who commits them to memory would get into Paradise. Verily, Allah is Odd (He is one, and it is an odd number) and He loves odd number..”
(Sahih Muslim Book-48 Hadith-5)
There are more than 99 names of Allah but 99 is documented from Quran and Hadith of Rasul Allah Sallalahu alaihe wa sallam.
The purpose of learning and memorizing the names of Allah is not to limit Him to a certain number, but rather to increase our knowledge and love of Him and to invoke Him by His beautiful names.
Allah says in the Quran:
And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them..(Quran 7:180)
99 Names of Allah with meaning
1. Ar-Rahmaan (ٱلْرَّحْمَـانُ) – The Most or Entirely Merciful
Allah is the embodiment of boundless mercy. Ar-Rahmaan signifies His overwhelming compassion and benevolence towards His creation.
2. Ar-Raheem (ٱلْرَّحِيْمُ) – The Bestower of Mercy
This name emphasizes Allah’s continuous and abundant mercy, indicating His willingness to forgive and guide those who seek Him.
3. Al-Malik (ٱلْمَلِكُ) – The King and Owner of Dominion
Al-Malik highlights Allah’s absolute sovereignty over all creation. He is the supreme ruler and owner of everything in the universe.
4. Al-Quddus (ٱلْسَّلَامُ) – The Absolutely Pure
This name signifies Allah’s pure and immaculate nature. He is completely free from any imperfections or impurities.
5. As-Salam (ٱلْسَّلَامُ) – The Perfection and Giver of Peace
As-Salam represents Allah as the ultimate source of peace and tranquility. His presence brings inner and outer peace to the hearts of believers.
6. Al-Mu’min (ٱلْمُؤْمِنُ) – The One Who gives Emaan and Security
Allah instills faith (Emaan) and security in the hearts of those who turn to Him. This name reflects His role as the giver of assurance and faith.
7. Al-Muhaymin (ٱلْمُهَيْمِنُ) – The Guardian, The Witness, The Overseer
Al-Muhaymin signifies Allah’s role as the guardian and witness over His creation. He watches over all affairs and ensures justice.
8. Al-Azeez (ٱلْعَزِيزُ) – The All Mighty
Allah is the All-Mighty, signifying His absolute strength and power. No one can challenge His authority.
9. Al-Jabbar (ٱلْجَبَّارُ) – The Compeller, The Restorer
Al-Jabbar emphasizes Allah’s ability to mend what is broken and to mend the hearts of those who are in despair.
10. Al-Mutakabbir (ٱلْمُتَكَبِّرُ) – The Supreme, The Majestic
Allah is the Supreme Being, and His majesty is beyond human comprehension. He is deserving of all glory and reverence.
11. Al-Khaaliq (ٱلْخَالِقُ) – The Creator, The Maker
Al-Khaaliq highlights Allah’s role as the creator of everything in existence. He fashioned the universe with precision and wisdom.
12. Al-Baari’ (ٱلْبَارِئُ) – The Originator
This name underscores Allah’s role as the originator of life and existence. He is the source from which all things spring forth.
13. Al-Musawwir (ٱلْمُصَوِّرُ) – The Fashioner
Allah is the ultimate designer and shaper of creation. He creates with perfection and beauty.
14. Al-Ghaffar (ٱلْغَفَّارُ) – The All- and Oft-Forgiving
Allah’s forgiveness knows no bounds. Al-Ghaffar signifies His willingness to forgive our sins repeatedly.
15. Al-Qahhar (ٱلْقَهَّارُ) – The Subduer, The Ever-Dominating
Allah is the one who has ultimate control over all things. Al-Qahhar indicates His ability to dominate and subdue any opposition.
16. Al-Wahhaab (ٱلْوَهَّابُ) – The Giver of Gifts
Allah is the generous giver who bestows His blessings and gifts upon His creation out of His pure grace.
17. Ar-Razzaaq (ٱلْرَّزَّاقُ) – The Provider
As the Provider, Allah ensures the sustenance and well-being of all living beings.
18. Al-Fattah (ٱلْفَتَّاحُ) – The Opener, The Judge
Allah is the one who opens doors and grants victory. He is also the ultimate judge of all affairs.
19. Al-‘Aleem (ٱلْعَلِيمُ) – The All-Knowing, The Omniscient
Al-‘Aleem signifies Allah’s infinite knowledge. He is aware of all that is hidden and known.
20. Al-Qaabid (ٱلْقَابِضُ) – The Withholder
Allah has control over all things, including what He withholds. He withholds and gives as He wills.
21. Al-Baasit (ٱلْبَاسِطُ) – The Extender
Al-Baasit represents Allah’s ability to provide His blessings in abundance. He extends His mercy and provisions to those in need.
22. Al-Khaafidh (ٱلْخَافِضُ) – The Reducer, The Abaser
Allah can lower and humble those who oppose His will. He can also raise the humble and righteous.
23. Ar-Raafi’ (ٱلْرَّافِعُ) – The Exalter, The Elevator
Ar-Raafi’ signifies Allah’s power to raise and elevate the status of those who worship and obey Him.
24. Al-Mu’izz (ٱلْمُعِزُّ) – The Honourer, The Bestower
Allah honors and elevates those who seek His guidance and live righteously.
25. Al-Muzil (ٱلْمُذِلُّ) – The Dishonourer, The Humiliator
This name reflects Allah’s ability to humble those who oppose His guidance and engage in wrongdoing.
26. As-Samee’ (ٱلْسَّمِيعُ) – The All-Hearing
Allah hears every prayer and supplication, no matter how silent or hidden it may be.
27. Al-Baseer (ٱلْبَصِيرُ) – The All-Seeing
Al-Baseer signifies Allah’s ability to see and comprehend everything, both visible and hidden.
28. Al-Hakam (ٱلْحَكَمُ) – The Judge, The Giver of Justice
Allah is the ultimate judge who ensures justice prevails in all matters.
29. Al-‘Adl (ٱلْعَدْلُ) – The Utterly Just
Allah’s justice is absolute and unwavering. He judges with complete fairness and impartiality.
30. Al-Lateef (ٱلْلَّطِيفُ) – The Subtle One, The Most Gentle
Al-Lateef signifies Allah’s profound understanding and gentle care for His creation, even in the most delicate matters.
31. Al-Khabeer (ٱلْخَبِيرُ) – The Acquainted, The All-Aware
Allah is fully aware of everything, including the deepest intentions and secrets of the heart.
32. Al-Haleem (ٱلْحَلِيمُ) – The Most Forbearing
Al-Haleem reflects Allah’s incredible patience and forbearance in the face of human shortcomings.
33. Al-‘Atheem (ٱلْعَظِيمُ) – The Magnificent, The Supreme
Allah’s greatness is beyond compare, and His magnificence is unparalleled.
34. Al-Ghafoor (ٱلْغَفُّورُ) – The Forgiving, The Exceedingly Forgiving
Allah is the most forgiving, and His mercy knows no bounds. He pardons and covers our sins.
35. Ash-Shakoor (ٱلْشَّكُورُ) – The Most Appreciative
Allah appreciates even the smallest good deeds and rewards them abundantly.
36. Al-‘Alee (ٱلْعَلِيُّ) – The Most High, The Exalted
Al-‘Alee signifies Allah’s exalted and superior position above all.
37. Al-Kabeer (ٱلْكَبِيرُ) – The Greatest, The Most Grand
Allah’s greatness is immeasurable, and He surpasses all in grandeur and majesty.
38. Al-Hafeedh (ٱلْحَفِيظُ) – The Preserver, The All-Heedful and All-Protecting
Allah is the guardian who preserves and protects His creation, taking care of every detail.
39. Al-Muqeet (ٱلْمُقِيتُ) – The Sustainer
Al-Muqeet signifies Allah’s role as the sustainer and nourisher of all living beings.
40. Al-Haseeb (ٱلْحَسِيبُ) – The Reckoner, The Sufficient
Allah is the ultimate reckoner of deeds, and His accounting is sufficient and just.
41. Al-Jaleel (ٱلْجَلِيلُ) – The Majestic
Al-Jaleel represents Allah’s majestic and awe-inspiring nature.
42. Al-Kareem (ٱلْكَرِيمُ) – The Most Generous, The Most Esteemed
Allah is the embodiment of generosity, and His blessings are beyond measure.
43. Ar-Raqeeb (ٱلْرَّقِيبُ) – The Watchful
Allah watches over His creation, knowing their every action and thought.
44. Al-Mujeeb (ٱلْمُجِيبُ) – The Responsive One
Allah answers the prayers and supplications of His servants who call upon Him.
45. Al-Waasi’ (ٱلْوَاسِعُ) – The All-Encompassing, The Boundless
Allah’s mercy and blessings are limitless, covering all aspects of life.
46. Al-Hakeem (ٱلْحَكِيمُ) – The All-Wise
Al-Hakeem signifies Allah’s perfect wisdom in His actions and decisions.
47. Al-Wadood (ٱلْوَدُودُ) – The Most Loving
Allah’s love for His creation is immeasurable, and His affection is boundless.
48. Al-Majeed (ٱلْمَجِيدُ) – The Glorious, The Most Honorable
Allah’s glory and honor are beyond human comprehension.
49. Al-Ba’ith (ٱلْبَاعِثُ) – The Resurrector, The Raiser of the Dead
Allah will resurrect the dead on the Day of Judgment, bringing them back to life for judgment.
50. Ash-Shaheed (ٱلْحَقُّ) – The All- and Ever Witnessing
Allah is the ultimate witness to all actions, whether public or private.
99 Names of Allah with meaning contd..
51. Al-Haqq (ٱلْحَقُّ) – The Absolute Truth
Allah embodies truth and is the source of all that is true and just.
52. Al-Wakeel (ٱلْوَكِيلُ) – The Trustee, The Disposer of Affairs
Allah is the ultimate guardian who manages and disposes of all matters.
53. Al-Qawiyy (ٱلْقَوِيُّ) – The All-Strong
Al-Qawiyy signifies Allah’s unparalleled strength and might.
54. Al-Mateen (ٱلْمَتِينُ) – The Firm, The Steadfast
Allah’s firmness and steadfastness are unwavering and provide stability to His creation.
55. Al-Waliyy (ٱلْوَلِيُّ) – The Protecting Associate
Allah is the protector and guardian of those who seek His shelter.
56. Al-Hameed (ٱلْحَمِيدُ) – The Praiseworthy
Allah is worthy of all praise and gratitude, and His praise is ever-present in the hearts of believers.
57. Al-Muhsee (ٱلْمُحْصِيُ) – The All-Enumerating, The Counter
Allah keeps a detailed account of all actions and deeds, ensuring justice prevails.
58. Al-Mubdi (ٱلْمُبْدِئُ) – The Originator, The Initiator
Allah initiates all creation and brings it into existence from nothingness.
59. Al-Mu’id (ٱلْمُعِيدُ) – The Restorer, The Reinstater
Allah has the power to restore and reinstate anything that has been lost or damaged.
60. Al-Muhyee (ٱلْمُحْيِى) – The Giver of Life
Allah is the giver and sustainer of life, breathing existence into all living beings.
61. Al-Mumeet (ٱلْمُمِيتُ) – The Bringer of Death, The Destroyer
Al-Mumeet signifies Allah’s ability to cause death and destruction when He wills.
62. Al-Hayy (ٱلْحَىُّ) – The Ever-Living
Allah is eternal and ever-living, transcending time and mortality.
63. Al-Qayyoom (ٱلْقَيُّومُ) – The Sustainer, The Self-Subsisting
Allah sustains His creation and is self-sufficient, needing nothing from His creation.
64. Al-Waajid (ٱلْوَاجِدُ) – The Perceiver
Allah perceives all things, even the most hidden aspects of existence.
65. Al-Maajid (ٱلْمَاجِدُ) – The Illustrious, The Magnificent
Allah is illustrious and magnificent, radiating His glory to all creation.
66. Al-Waahid (ٱلْوَاحِدُ) – The One
Allah is unique and one, with no partners or equals.
67. Al-Ahad (ٱلْأَحَدُ) – The Unique, The Only One
Al-Ahad emphasizes Allah’s uniqueness and oneness, with no comparison to anything or anyone.
68. As-Samad (ٱلْصَّمَدُ) – The Eternal, Satisfier of Needs
As-Samad signifies Allah’s eternal nature and His ability to fulfill the needs of His creation.
99 Names of Allah with meaning
69. Al-Qadir (ٱلْقَادِرُ) – The Capable, The Powerful
Allah is all-powerful, capable of accomplishing anything.
70. Al-Muqtadir (ٱلْمُقْتَدِرُ) – The Omnipotent
Al-Muqtadir underscores Allah’s limitless power and ability to control all things.
71. Al-Muqaddim (ٱلْمُقَدِّمُ) – The Expediter, The Promoter
Allah expedites and promotes what is beneficial for His creation.
72. Al-Mu’akhkhir (ٱلْمُؤَخِّرُ) – The Delayer, The Retarder
Al-Mu’akhkhir signifies Allah’s ability to delay what is not beneficial or harmful to His creation.
73. Al-Awwal (ٱلأَوَّلُ) – The First
Allah is the First, having no beginning, and He precedes all creation.
74. Al-Aakhir (ٱلْآخِرُ) – The Last
Allah is the Last, and everything will ultimately return to Him.
75. Az-Dhaahir (ٱلْظَّاهِرُ) – The Manifest
Allah’s signs and presence are manifest in the world.
76. Al-Baatin (ٱلْبَاطِنُ) – The Hidden One, Knower of the Hidden
Allah is aware of the hidden and concealed matters, even those deep within our hearts.
77. Al-Waali (ٱلْوَالِي) – The Governor, The Patron
Allah governs and protects His creation as the ultimate patron.
78. Al-Muta’ali (ٱلْمُتَعَالِي) – The Self Exalted
Allah is exalted and above all, transcending creation.
79. Al-Barr (ٱلْبَرُّ) – The Source of Goodness, The Kind Benefactor
Allah is the source of all goodness and benevolence, showering His creation with blessings.
80. At-Tawwab (ٱلْتَّوَّابُ) – The Ever-Pardoning, The Relenting
Allah is the one who accepts repentance and forgives sins when one turns to Him in sincere repentance.
81. Al-Muntaqim (ٱلْمُنْتَقِمُ) – The Avenger
Allah avenges wrongs and injustices and ensures that justice prevails.
82. Al-‘Afuww (ٱلْعَفُوُّ) – The Pardoner
Al-‘Afuww signifies Allah’s willingness to pardon and forgive, even when it is undeserved.
83. Ar-Ra’oof (ٱلْرَّؤُفُ) – The Most Kind
Allah is the kindest and most compassionate, showing mercy to His creation.
84. Maalik-ul-Mulk (مَالِكُ ٱلْمُلْكُ) – Master of the Kingdom, Owner of the Dominion
Maalik-ul-Mulk emphasizes Allah’s absolute ownership and control over the entire universe.
85. Dhul-Jalaali Wal-Ikraam (ذُو ٱلْجَلَالِ وَٱلْإِكْرَامِ) – Possessor of Glory and Honour, Lord of Majesty and Generosity
This name highlights Allah’s majestic and generous nature, as He possesses unparalleled glory and honor.
86. Al-Muqsit (ٱلْمُقْسِطُ) – The Equitable, The Requiter
Allah is the one who ensures justice and equity in all matters.
87. Al-Jaami’ (ٱلْجَامِعُ) – The Gatherer, The Uniter
Allah is the one who gathers and unites the scattered and divided.
88. Al-Ghaniyy (ٱلْغَنِيُّ) – The Self-Sufficient, The Wealthy
Allah is self-sufficient and has no need for anything or anyone.
89. Al-Mughni (ٱلْمُغْنِيُّ) – The Enricher
Allah enriches and provides for His creation beyond measure.
90. Al-Mani’ (ٱلْمَانِعُ) – The Withholder
Allah has the power to withhold what is not beneficial for His creation.
91. Ad-Dharr (ٱلْضَّارُ) – The Distresser
Allah has the power to cause distress and hardship when necessary.
92. An-Nafi’ (ٱلنَّافِعُ) – The Propitious, The Benefactor
Allah is the one who bestows benefits and favors upon His creation.
93. An-Nur (ٱلنُّورُ) – The Light
Allah is the source of all light, both physical and spiritual.
99 Names of Allah with meaning
94. Al-Haadee (ٱلْهَادِي) – The Guide
Allah guides those who seek His guidance towards the right path.
95. Al-Badee’ (ٱلْبَدِيعُ) – The Incomparable, The Originator
Allah’s creative abilities are beyond compare, and He initiates things in unique and wondrous ways.
96. Al-Baaqee (ٱلْبَاقِي) – The Everlasting
Allah is eternal, and His existence is everlasting.
97. Al-Waarith (ٱلْوَارِثُ) – The Inheritor
Allah inherits all that exists, and everything ultimately returns to Him.
98. Ar-Rasheed (ٱلرَّشِيدُ) – The Guide to the Right Path
Ar-Rasheed signifies Allah’s guidance towards the right path and His wisdom in leading His creation.
99. As-Saboor (ٱلصَّبُوْرُ) – The Patient
Allah is patient and enduring, allowing time for His creation to repent and seek His guidance.
Hope you found our article on “99 Names of Allah with meaning” helpful.
Follow us in Facebook