Dua in the night of 15 Shaban
Usamah bin Zaid RA said: “I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, I do not see you fasting any month as much as Shaban.’ He said: ‘That is a month to which people do not pay much attention, between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which the deeds are taken up to the Lord of the worlds, and I like that my deeds be taken up when I am fasting.”‘
In a hadith narrated by Aisha RA, she heard the Prophet saying in Sajdah-
Personal Dua in the night of 15 Shaban
- All praise is due to you O Allah , the Lord of the Worlds.
- O Allah bestow prayers and peace upon Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and upon his Family and Companions.
- I seek your forgiveness O Allah ! for every word, act and thought and every inward and outward action of mine which you dislike.
- I seek your forgiveness O Allah, the Most Great. There is no deity but you; the Living, the Sustainer, and I repent to You.
- O Allah forgive me for what I have done previously, what I will do, what I have done in secret and in private, for my excesses and for that about which You have more knowledge than I. You are the one who puts people ahead and puts people behind and You have power over all things.
- I seek your forgiveness O Allah ! the Possessor of Majesty and Honour, for all my sins and wrongdoings.
- I seek your forgiveness O Allah for every one of my sins: those committed in private, those committed in public, the small and the large, those committed previously and those committed recently, the first and the last of them, outward and inward sins, and I repent to you.
- O Allah I seek Your forgiveness for any sin from which I have repented and then committed again.
- I seek Your forgiveness for any action which I performed initially for Your noble countenance and then something else which is displeasing to You detracted from my sincerity.
- I seek Your forgiveness for anything that I have promised to do for Your sake and then broken my promise to You.
- I seek Your forgiveness for anything that my caprice has called me to do by taking dispensations in affairs which are dubious, which are in Your sight forbidden.
- I seek Your forgiveness, there is no deity but You, O Knower of the seen and unseen, for every wrong or act of disobedience that I have committed in broad daylight or in the darkness of the night, in the company of people or whilst alone, in public or in private, in the knowledge that You were gazing upon me as I committed it. I repent to You, O Forbearing One, O Most Generous, O Most Merciful.
- I seek Your forgiveness for deriving strength from the blessings You have bestowed upon me and then using that strength to disobey You.
- I seek Your forgiveness for sins which only You know about and only You can see, sins which only Your forbearance can encompass and from which only Your pardon can save me.
- I seek Your forgiveness for every oath I have made and then broken, for which I will be taken to account.
- I seek Your forgiveness, there is no deity but You, transcendent are You, truly I am amongst the wrongdoers. So We responded to him and delivered him from distress; thus do We deliver those who have faith. And remember Zakariyyā, when he cried to his Lord: “O my Lord! Leave me not without offspring, for You are the best of bestowers.”
“My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy.” I seek Your forgiveness for every obligation which You have requested that I fulfil in the day or the night which I have subsequently neglected out of heedlessness, absent-mindedness, forgetfulness or ignorance, and for which I will be punished.
- I seek Your forgiveness for every sunnah of the Master of the Messengers, the Seal of the Prophets, Your Prophet our Master Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم which I have left out of heedlessness, absent-mindedness, forgetfulness, ignorance or not caring.
- I seek Your forgiveness, there is no deity but You, alone without partner, Muhammad is Your slave and messenger. Transcendent are You, O Lord of the Worlds. To You belongs the dominion and all praise. You are sufficient for us, and You are the best disposer of our affairs. He is the best of those who protect and the best of those who assist. There is no strength nor might except in Allah, the Sublime, the Most Great.
- O Allah, You are the Repairer of every breakage, the Companion of everyone who is alone, the One who brings ease to every difficulty, the One who is not in need of clarification or explanation. You are able to do whatever You will. Bestow prayers upon Rasul Allah SAW to the number of those who bestow prayers upon him, and to the number of those who do not.
- May the prayers and peace of Allah be upon our Master Muhammad and upon his Family and Companions. All praise is due to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, in every instant forever, the number of His creation, to His satisfaction, the weight of His throne and the amount of ink of His words.
Ref:(1) full hadith:
Aisha reported: One night in bed, I missed the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, so I looked for him and my hand touched his feet while he was in prostration. They were raised and the Prophet was saying, “O Allah, I seek refuge in your pleasure from your anger and in your forgiveness from Your punishment, and I seek refuge in you from you. I cannot fully praise you, for you are as you have praised yourself.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 486, Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim
عَنْ عَائِشَةَ قَالَتْ فَقَدْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَيْلَةً مِنَ الْفِرَاشِ فَالْتَمَسْتُهُ فَوَقَعَتْ يَدِي عَلَى بَطْنِ قَدَمَيْهِ وَهُوَ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ وَهُمَا مَنْصُوبَتَانِ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ اللَّهُمَّ أَعُوذُ بِرِضَاكَ مِنْ سَخَطِكَ وَبِمُعَافَاتِكَ مِنْ عُقُوبَتِكَ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْكَ لاَ أُحْصِي ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ أَنْتَ كَمَا أَثْنَيْتَ عَلَى نَفْسِكَ
486 صحيح مسلم كتاب الصلاة باب ما يقال في الركوع والسجود
Ref of dua- from compilation of Istighfar by Ḥabīb Ḥasan, the son of Imām Abdullah bin Alawī al-Ḥaddād.
If you like this consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.