Personality of Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu alaihe wa Sallam
Noble character of Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu alaihe wa Sallam: Prophet Muhammad(Sayyedina Rasul Allah Sallalhu alaihe wa sallam ) is a perfect role model for us. Knowing about him increases our love towards him and emulating him perfects our deen. Here are few hadith on Noble character of Prophet Muhammad ( Rasul Allah Sallalhu alaihe wa sallam). Lots of Blessing and Salawat on our Prophet.
Noble character of Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu alaihe wa Sallam
1.His Character was that of Quran :Rasulullah’s character was the Qur’an : Sa’d Radiallahu Anhu asked Sayyidah Aayesha Radiallahu Anha about the character of Rasulullah Sayyidah Aayesha Radiallahu Anha replied: ‘Do you not recite the Qur an? His character was the Qur’an.'(1)
2. He Had a sublime character : Sayyidah Aayesha Radiallahu Anhu narrates that the world has never witnessed anyone with more sublime character than Rasulullah . When any of his family members would call out to him he would say: ‘Labbayk.’ It was due to his sublime character that Allah revealed theverse: Indeed you are upon an exalted platform of sublime character. (2)
3. He was caring : Jabir ibn ‘Abdi’llah said :‘Never did Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) say “No” to anyone who requested something of him.!”(3)
4.He was the most generous : Ibn ‘Abbas said (may Allah be well pleased with him and his father):‘Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) was the most generous of humankind in charity, and he was at his most charitable in the month of Ramadan, until it was concluded. Gabriel would then come to him and present the Qur’an to him, and when Gabriel met him, Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) was more generous in charity than the winds sent with showering rain.”(4)
5. He gave more that what he recieved: Ar-Rubai’ bint Mu’awwidh ibn ‘Afra’ said:”I brought the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) a tray of ripe dates and fluffy cucumbers, so he gave me a handful of trinkets and gold!”(5)
6. He recompensed People with good: ‘A’isha ra said (may Allah be well pleased with her):”The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to accept gifts and provide recompense of greater value.”(6)
7. ‘He displayed courtesy with despicable People : Aisha said (may Allah be well pleased with her):”A man sought permission to come in to see Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) while I was in his presence, so he said: ‘What a disagreeable man he is!’ Then he gave him permission to enter, and when he came in, he spoke to him gently. After he had left, I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, you said what you said, then you spoke to him gently!’ He said: ‘O ‘A’isha, some of the worst people are those who have been granted gentle treatment for fear of their ill manners.’”(7)
8. He honored people by accepting any gift they gave: Anas Radiallahu Anhu narrates that Rasulullah sallalhu alaihe wa sallam said: ‘If I were to receive the trotters of an animal as a gift I would certainly accept it. Similarly, if I were invited to a meal where it would be served I would honour the invitation.'(8)
9. He would always greet first :He always greeted first:Hind Radiallahu Anhu narrates that Rasulullah Sallalahu alaihe wa sallam would always be the first to greet.(9)
10. He rode a donkey and had no pride : Rasulullah sallalhu alaihe wa sallam used to visit the ill, attend funeral prayers, ride upon a donkey and accept invitations from
slaves when they invited him to a meal.(10)
11. His humility : Anas Radiallahu Anhu narrates that Rasulullah entered Makkah Mukarramah upon conquering it, seated upon his conveyance with his head lowered in humility so that it actually touched the saddle.(11)
12. His tolerance and forbearance was unmatched: Narrated AbuHurayrah:The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to sit with us in meetings and talk to us. When he stood up we also used to stand up and see him entering the house of one of his wives. One day he talked to us and we stood up as he stood up and we saw that an Arabi (a nomadic Arab) caught hold of him and gave his cloak a violent tug making his neck red.AbuHurayrah said: The cloak was coarse.
He turned to him and the Arabi said to him: Load these two camels of mine, for you do not give me anything from your property or from your father’s property.The Prophet (ﷺ) said to him: No,I ask Allah’s forgiveness; no,I ask Allah’s forgiveness;no,I ask Allah’s forgiveness. I shall not give you the camel-load until you make amends for the way in which you tugged at me.Each time the Arabi said to him:I swear by Allah,I shall not do so.He then mentioned the rest of the tradition.He (the Prophet),then called a man and said to him: Load these two camels of his: one camel with barley and the other with dates. He then turned to us and said: Go on your way with the blessing of Allah.(12)
Character of Prophet Muhammad before Prophethood
Khadija radi allahu anha comforted Prophet Muhammad when he received his first revelation by saying:
“You keep good relations with your kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones.”
، إِنَّكَ لَتَصِلُ الرَّحِمَ، وَتَحْمِلُ الْكَلَّ، وَتَكْسِبُ الْمَعْدُومَ، وَتَقْرِي الضَّيْفَ، وَتُعِينُ عَلَى نَوَائِبِ الْحَقِّ.
Examples of the ﬁve qualities of Nabi ﷺ as mentioned by Khadija radi allahu anha
Character of Prophet Muhammad First quality: إِنَّكَ لَتَصِلُ الرَّحِمَ
He kept good relations with your kith and kin
Hazrat Abbas (radi allahu anhu) the uncle of Nabi ﷺ was brought as a captive in the Battle of Badr. Hazrat Abbas (radi allahu anhu) who had a huge body posture had no cloth to cover himself. The only person who had clothing of Abbas’ size in Madina Munawwara was Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul, a munaﬁq. Despite the fact that Abbas (radi allahu anhu) was an enemy of Islam and Abdullah ibn Ubayy a munaﬁq, Nabi ﷺ borrowed come clothing from Abdullah ibn Ubayy for his uncle.
Character of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ: Second quality: تَحْمِلُ الْكَلَّ
He helped the poor and the destitute
Nabi ﷺ would take responsibility for needy people. Nabi ﷺ was always there to give a shoulder, whatever people’s needs were, whether they were related to their family issue, emotional, spiritual and physical conditions. For example, there was a black African-origin Sahabiya who used to sweep Masjid Nabawi. When she passed away, Nabi ﷺ was not informed by the Sahāba Akram as they did not
want to cause inconvenience to Nabi ﷺ. The next day, Nabi ﷺ noticed her absence and was informed about her death. Nabi ﷺ then went to her grave and performed her janaza.
Character of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ: Third quality: تَكْسِبُ الْمَعْدُومَ
There are countless examples for this. One example is when a Sahābī came to Nabi ﷺ, complaining that he had nothing to ﬁll his stomach. Nabi ﷺ sent him to the bazar, and told him to get whatever he needed. Nabi ﷺ said he would pay for all the things he took. For our era’s terminology, it is equal to Nabi ﷺ giving a blank check with no limit!
As for the second meaning of this phrase, Nabi ﷺ attended to the need of the Sahāba when it came to their inner qualities: when there was a need of tarbiya for good characters, love for Allāh ﷻ and His Messenger ﷺ, knowledge etc, Nabi ﷺ would readily transfer and distribute them.
Character of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ: Fourth quality: تَقْرِي الضَّيْفَ
He served his guests generously
One day, Hazrat Abū Huraira (radi allahu anhu) was very hungry. He went out of Masjid Nabawi, in the hope that any Sahābī who would see him would know that he was hungry and give him something to eat or drink. First, Abū Bakr (radi allahu anhu) passed – he said salam and left him. Next, Umar (radi allahu anhu) passed – he said salam and left him. Then, Nabi ﷺ came and took him to his
house. Nabi ﷺ had a small bowl of milk. Nabi ﷺ told Abū Huraira (radi allahu anhu) to call all Ashab-us-Suﬀa (70 students) to come over. Every single person drank the milk to his full. Only after everyone drank, Abū Huraira (radi allahu anhu) got the turn to drink. Abū Huraira (radi allahu anhu) drank up to his ﬁll. Nabi ﷺ told him to take more milk, and the third time, Abū Huraira said, “Ya Rasulullah, there is no more space in my stomach!”
A lesson we can learn from this Ḥadīth is that no matter how small your house is, what matter is
how big your heart is.
Character of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ :Fifth quality: وَتُعِينُ عَلَى نَوَائِبِ الْحَقِّ.
He assisted the deserving calamity-afflicted ones
When Abdullah ibn Ubayy died, his son, a sincere Sahābī, Abdullah (radi allahu anhu) requested two things from Nabi ﷺ. Firstly, he requested Nabi ﷺ to perform his father’s janaza. Secondly, he asked Nabi ﷺ to give him his jubba (cloak) so that he could cloth his father. Nabi ﷺ fulﬁlled the requests of Abdullah (radi allahu anhu) even placed his mubārak saliva on the eyes of Abdullah ibn
1.Musnad Ahmad, Vol. 6
2. Akhlaq an-Nabi/Abu ash-Shaykh, Vol. 2
3. Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhammadiyah 351
4.Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhammadiyah 352
5. Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhammadiyah 355
6.Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhammadiyah 356
7.Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhammadiyah 349
8. Sahih Bukhari : 2568
9.Sirat, Vol. 7, Page 33
12. Sunan abu Dawud 4775
Excrept also taken from book : The Sublime Conduct Of Nabi . If you want character of Prophet Muhammad book you can get Sublime conduct of Rasul Allah( from Amazon)
If you like this consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.