Assalamu alaikum wrwb ,
Was it your First Ramadan today or your Ramadan starts tomorrow ? Ramadan Mubarak ! We have been waiting for Ramadan since a long period right ?We have been preparing for it physically and Spiritually .
Today I am writing to you all to share my Ramadan Plans .I hope this benefit you all too in some or the other ways.
My Ramadan Goals
Like every major event, Ramadan needs Planning .I have Planned 5 Ramadan Goals
- Hifj al Lisan
- Tilawah al Quran
- Taqlil min al Taam
- Qiyamul Lail
If you haven’t heard the above phrases before,let me tell you what they mean .
1.Hifj al Lisan is guarding the tongue . Scholars say that this is the aspect we need to work the most .Ramadan will be long.It will be hot as it is summer .Many People fast but as soon as the second half of the day starts they start complaining . Guarding tongue doesn’t always mean to stay away from ill talks and laghw speech .It also means guarding our tongue from ungratefulness . When we complain,it seems that we are not Raji (happy) with the will of Allah .It is as if we are angry with Allah swt. Naujubillah !
May Allah help us guard our tongue and make us his grateful servants.
- Tilawah al Quran :Ramadan is the month of Quran . Allāh, Exalted is He, said: ‘The month of Ramaḍān is the One in which the Qur’ān was sent down’. Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said , “Read the Qur’an, for it will come as an intercessor for its reciters on the Day of Resurrection.” We should increase our recitation of Quran .The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “The one who was devoted to the Qur’an will be told on the Day of Resurrection: ‘Recite and ascend (in ranks) as you used to recite when you were in the world. be at the last Ayah you recite. “Imam al-Dhahabi narrates that Qatadah, d. 118AH, would complete one Qur’ān every seven days but when Ramaḍān would come he would complete one Qur’ān every three days and in the last ten he would complete one every night.
Check Ramadan Quran reading Schedule for Men and Women and Download Quran Completion tracker
May Allah help us increase our recitation of Quran, help us understand it and do amal on it .
3 . Taqlil min al Tam : One of our major Problem during Ramadan is inability to resist eating to full and sometimes overfull at Iftar . There is a narration about Ibrahim b. Abi Ayyūb that states that he would only have two full meals during the whole month. Eating full stomach makes us sleepy . Some of us even become flat at the iftar table .Let us try to limit our Iftar . I am not saying not to eat but to eat everything in less quantity .We were advised to take slow, measured bites, and keep checking if we have that gnawing feeling in our stomach we had earlier when we were fasting. If it goes away, stop eating immediately and save the rest of the food for later. Snack a little on dessert, and we’re done.
May Allah help us keep all the fast .We are incapable of keeping even one fast by our strength .It is Allah swt who give us quwwat (strength) and Taufiq .
4. Sadaqah : We should take special care in Paying our Zakat and Sadaqatul Fitr and also hasten to give some voluntary charity . Ibn ‘Abbas beautifully described the generosity of the Prophet (sall Allahu ʿalayhi wa sallam) when he said: ‘He was the most generous of all people…and when Ramaḍān came he would become even more generous such that he became like the blowing wind’.
5 .Qiyamul Lail : It is the night prayer . We should stand in Prayers at night with full ikhlas . Allah says in quran,
” Indeed, your Lord knows, [O Muhammad], that you stand [in prayer] almost two thirds of the night or half of it or a third of it, and [so do] a group of those with you. And Allah determines [the extent of] the night and the day. He has known that you [Muslims] will not be able to do it and has turned to you in forgiveness, so recite what is easy [for you] of the Qur’an. He has known that there will be among you those who are ill and others traveling throughout the land seeking [something] of the bounty of Allah and others fighting for the cause of Allah. So recite what is easy from it and establish prayer and give zakah and loan Allah a goodly loan. And whatever good you put forward for yourselves – you will find it with Allah. It is better and greater in reward. And seek forgiveness of Allah. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.”(Quran 73:20)
Action Plans to Reach my Ramadan Goals
1 . Manage my Sleep Pattern : Have you heard about the Polyphasic Sleep pattern ? People have scoured past examples, such as the life of Leonardo da Vinci, to develop new polyphasic schedules. The general idea is to break the large chunk of sleep at night in to multiple naps and thus reduce the total time spent sleeping.
We may not realize it, but our sleep is broadly divided into three stages. The first stage is that of light sleep consisting of rapid theta waves. The second stage is that of deep sleep characterized by slow delta waves. And finally, the last stage when we dream can be spotted with the help of rapid eye movements (REM).
During a night’s sleep, these three stages repeat in a cyclic manner over 90 to 200 minutes. If you want to try the Polyphasic sleep pattern you can try to find your cycle .Mine is 3hrs . I can get up after 3 hrs do some task and then nap back . You need to find yours.
- Increase the Recitation of Quran : Not same schedule works for everybody . The advice I liked most is attaching my mind with Quran and Picking it up for recitation whenever I get time . We need to prioritise all our work and Put Quran in out uppermost Priority.
3. Feeding Poor : Sending Iftar to neighbors , Feeding Poor and distributing water bottles at Masjid is in my checklist this year In sha allah.
- Dhikr time : Dhikr time needs to be set . It needs to be set at the Peaceful hours and it needs to be tracked . You can download our FREE Dhikr tracker .
5 .Increase Recitation of Surah Ikhlas .The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “Surat Ikhlas is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’an.”
6.Read Surah Mulk everyday : Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, “There is a Surah in the Qur’an which contains thirty Ayat which kept intervening for a man until his sins are forgiven. . ‘ (Surat Al-Mulk 67). ” [At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud]
7 . Read Surah Baqarah at night : Abu Mas’ud Al-Badri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, “He who recites the two Ayat at the end of Surat Al-Baqarah at night, they will suffice him.” [Al- Bukhari and Muslim] .
8 . Be in Wudu and do much Wudu : The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Wudu ‘is half the Iman.” [Muslim] . And Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard my Khalil (the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)) as saying, “The adornment of the believer (in Jannah) will reach the places where the water of Wudu ‘reaches (his body).” [Muslim] .
9 .Do Miswak
10 .The Men can read Isha and Fajr in congregation .
Teach Islam to your Kids