Nabeez the blessed Drink That Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Consumed.
How was your first Ramadan ? I called up few relatives and asked this same question and then I realised that not many people know about this blessed drink called Nabeez . I told them to try Nabeez and I thought I should share the recipe with you .This is a Well known recipe but If you aren’t aware of this recipie, write it down somewhere and try it during Ramadan .It tastes amazing .
Nabeez [also known as Nabidh] was a blessed drink which is consumed by Prophet Muhammad PBUH in his time. It is considered to be one of his favorite drinks. It is made up of Dates or Raisins, and Water.
Nabeez was one of the favourite drink of Prophet Muhammad PBUH. And it contains the things and cure for many things which will leave you amazed after you learn about it.
Some of the benefits of Nabeez are :
- It helps cure acidity of your stomach as well as digestive system since it acts like an alkalizing tonic.
- It also has to tendency to remove other metabolic wastes from one’s body.
- It helps the function of Slpee, liver, chest, throat, and prostate, which is in a way more beneficial for men.
- It enhances the digestion as it is high soluble fiber and it makes the memory strong.
- helps the patients of Arthritis, as well as the patents of Uric Acid (Gout),
- It is an energising drink that gives you energy all day .
There is also a Hadith mentioning Nabeez
سنن أبي داود/كتاب الأشربة
3710 – حدثنا عيسى بن محمد قال ثنا ضمرة عن السيباني عن عبد الله بن الديلمي عن أبيه قال « أتينا النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقلنا يا رسول الله قد علمت من نحن ومن أين نحن فإلى من نحن؟ قال ” إلى الله وإلى رسوله ” فقلنا يا رسول الله إن لنا أعنابا ما نصنع بها؟ قال ” زببوها ” قلنا ما نصنع بالزبيب؟ قال ” انبذوه على غدائكم واشربوه على عشائكم وانبذوه على عشائكم واشربوه على غدائكم وانبذوه في الشنان ولا تنبذوه في القلل فإنه إذا تأخر عن عصره صار خلا “
Narrated Ad-Daylami: (hadeeth 3710)
We came to the Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam) and said to him: O Messenger of Allah, you know who we are, from where we are and to whom we have come. He said: To Allah and His Messenger. We said: Messenger of Allah, we have grapes; what should we do with them? He said: Make them raisins. We then asked: What should we do with raisins? Hereplied: Steep them in the morning and drink in the evening, and steep them in the evening and drink in the morning. Steep them in skin vessels and do not steep them in earthen jar, for it is delayed in pressing, it becomes vinegar.
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu’minin
– حدثنا مسدد قال ثنا المعتمر قال سمعت شبيب بن عبد الملك يحدث عن مقاتل بن حيان قال حدثتني عمتي عمرة عن عائشة رضي الله عنها أنها كانت تنبذ لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم غدوة فإذا كان من العشي فتعشى شرب على عشائه فإن فضل شىء صببته أو فرغته ثم تنبذ به بالليل فإذا أصبح تغدى فشرب على غدائه وقالت يغسل السقاء غدوة وعشية فقال لها أبي مرتين في يوم؟ قالت نعم
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu’minin (hadeeth 3712)
Amrah said on the authority of Aisha that she would steep dates for the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam) in the morning.
When the evening came, he took his dinner and drank it after his dinner. If anything remained, she poured it out. She then would steep for him at night. When the morning came, he took his morning meal and drank it after his morning meal. She said: The skin vessel was washed in the morning and in the evening. My father (Hayyan) said to her:
Twice a day? She said: Yes. (From Sunan Abu Dawood ~ Book of drinks)
How to make Nabeez ?
Things you need:
Date or Raisins( Any 1 ) which is available. Quantity: 3-4 Dates.
Water. Quantity: 1 Glass.
Honey. Quantity: 1 Teaspoon.
Soak dates for a night in a packed container. If not the dates, then you can simply soak Golden Raisins instead of Dates too.Remove the seeds from Dates or Raisins, and grind it with water. You can add honey, but it’s totally optional.
Strain and serve.
- Nabeez should be consumed within 12 hours of soaking time, but if it is kept air tight inside the refrigerator, it will not spoil for 2-3 days Insha Allah. It becomes more sweeter in refrigerator after 24 hours. Serve cold NABEEZ to your guests; instead of tea, coffee, juices & sodas, & tell them the beauty of Sunnah.
- Do not mix date and Raisins while Preaparing Nabeez
It is an ideal drink for Ramadan, especially in Suhoor. It helps people keep their energy during a day-long fast.
If you like the article consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.(If you are using our content in your blog, kindly link us with a do follow link).
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.