Assalamualaykum, I hope you are well and enjoyed the blessed day of Eid. May Allah accept your Ibadah and may He grant you Jannatul Firdous.
As the month of Ramadaan is over please do note the following advices .The following 10 advices are passed to me by my teachers and I forward it to you so that we all benefit and encourage each other to remain steadfast and productive.
1. Observe the six fast of shawaal as the reward is like fasting for the entire year
“Whoever fasts Ramadaan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for the entire year. Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).
2. Be punctual upon your Salaah as it will help you stay away from evil
Verily, the Salah prevents from Al-Fahsha’ (immoral sins) and Al-Munkar (evil deeds) and the remembering (praising) of Allah is greater indeed. And Allah knows what you do.”
Surah Al-Ankaboot (29:45)
3. Recite Quran daily as it will guide you
Verily, this Qur’an guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad , etc.). who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward (Paradise). (17:9)
4. Give sadqah at least once a week as it will remove any difficulties
“Give the Sadaqa without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity.” (Tirmidhi: 1887)
5. Lead your family by example
And enjoin prayer upon your family [and people] and be steadfast therein. (20:132)
6. Be kind to the creation of Allah and Allah will show mercy unto you
Be merciful to the people of the earth and the One in the heavens will have mercy upon you.”
Sunan al-Tirmidhī 1924
7. Always fulfil your promises as it is part of your Imaan
O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do. 3. Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do.
Surah As-Saff (61:2-3)
8. Constantly keep your tongue moist with the Thikr of Allah
One of the Companions said, “O Messenger of Allah. There are many injunctions of Islam for me. So tell me something to which I may hold fast.” He said, “Keep your tongue wet with the remembrance of Allah.”
9. Stay away from the ignorant and associate yourself with the righteous
Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant. (7:199)
10. Make dua unto Allah as it will bring you closer to Him
And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided (2:186)
May Allah help us follow these Golden advises from Quran and make us more steadfast in our Deen .Ameen.