The last 10 blessed days of Ramadan is about to come. What is the kaifiyat of your heart?
When it comes to mid Ramadan, many of us tends to slow down. Our enthusiasm, our ibadaat are not the same as it was in day 01. No matter how have we spent our days, its really the time to wake up.
As we all know that in the last 10 days of Ramadan are the night of laylatul Qadr.
What does the last 10 days of Ramadan mean?
Last 10 days of Ramadan are the last 10 days of 30 days of Ramadan and in it falls the Laylatul Qadr, the night of power in which reward is multiplied many fold.
Do you know what is Laylatul Qadr?
Laylatul Qadr is an honorable night in which Allah has promised immense rewards and goodness.
It is better than thousand months
Allah’s Saying: “The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allâh in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).” [Surat Al Qadr: 3].
Read more on laylatul Qadr here
In the last 10 days of Ramadan is a beautiful chance to please our rabb. These are the days to maximise the Worship.Just like in a race when you begin to see the end point, you give the extra effort and push yourself , similiar should be our effort in these last 10 days.
When is laylatul Qadr exactly?
Identifying Laylatul Qadr
Ibn Numair reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Look for Lailat-ul-Qadr in the last ten nights of Ramadan. [Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2632] So ,A believer should search for laylatul qadr and make abundant of dua. There are a number of authentic hadeeth, which helps us to search for the signs of Lailatul-Qadr. Read here
Do you know what is ittikaf?
I’tikāf is a type of spiritual retreat which allows the person to experience isolation from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and socialising with other people in order to gain a closeness with Allāh .
While in Ramadan it is sunnah to sit for sunnah ittikaf in the last 10 days, yet if you are a busy mom or a busy student or a busy office going man- you can still do nafil ittikaf because ittikaf is of 3 kinds-
1. Wajib ittikaf , 2. Sunnah ittikaf , 3. Nafl ittikaf
How to do the sunnah ittikaf in the last 10 days of Ramadan?
We have written a detailed post on it which you can read here
But what I want to focus in this article is about nafil ittikaf which anyone and everyone can do but not everyone is aware of it.
Here is an excrept on nafil ittikaf from the article on ittikaf.
Nafl l’tikaf: There is no special time or specific number of days for Nafl l’tikaf.
- A person may form the niyyah for any number of days at any time of the year, even for his whole life. While Imam Abu Hanifah (R) states that it cannot be for less than a full day, Imam Muhammad (R) states that there is no limit as to the minimum period of time. It could even be for just a few seconds. The fatwa is on this latter view.
- There is no fast associated with this type of I’tikaf. .It is desirable for anyone entering a masjid to make the niyyah for I’tikaf as long as he will remain in the masjid. So, while he is in ‘ibadah (worship), he also gains the reward of I’tikaf.
- It is advisable for everyone who comes to join the congregational prayers to form an intention of I’tikaf upon entering the masjid. This will mean that as long as he remains busy with salah, dhikr,’ listening to religious lectures, etc. He also receives the reward for I’tikaf.
Make Lots of Dua in the last 10 days of Ramadan specially
IF you are a regular follower of our blog, you must have already downloaded the 30 rabbana duas in the 30 days of Ramadan and the 30 Dua from hadith in the 30 days of Ramadan,
yet I would like to share an easy dua, you can call it a jackpot.
Something else we can do in these last 10 days of Ramadan are-
- Take a sadaqa jar or any empty wallet. If you are a stay at home mom or person who doeesn’t frequently go out- you can fill the wallet with some money every night hoping to seek the reward of Laylatul qadr in which the reward shall be multiplied a thousand time. If you are a young man who frequently goes out- you can consider donating something each day with your own hands.
- Something else we can do is share Iftar or send some water bottles in Mosque
- Another easy deed is donating our clothes and stuffs to people in need.
- Smiling at others and being in a jolly mood is also a beautiful sunnah.
- Try to visit mosque for tarabi and Qiyamul lail prayer if already aren’t.
- If you are a stay at home mom- try to increase your nafil prayer
- Read as much Quran as possible. These Final days should be focussed on Quran.
- Make this Ramadan a period of change.
May Allah give us taufeeq to do amal on all of it and the above are a reminder to me first..Keep me in your blessed dua. Take care.
If you like the article consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.
Follow us in our Social media Profiles: (facebook @islamhashtag), (instagram @islamhashtag ) and (pinterest @islamhashtag )
This Post Has One Comment
Masha Allah …Very Helpful article….Ramzan is a blessed month