Hadith on death of child
In solace with brothers an sisters who have lost their children, I would like to share some hadith of Rasul Allah sallalhu alaihe wa sallam. There are glad tidings to parents who have lost the apple of their eyes. Childrens are the blessings of Allah. It is a neymat. Like every other neymat that he gives to us and then he tries us by taking it away from us we should do sabr on the onset of calamity and we shouldn’t complain. It is perfectly ok to grieve and shed silent tears but we should keep a check in our heart and our tongue and let it only utter words of hamd and shukr ( glorification and thanks). Here are few hadith taken from Sahih Muslim- one of the authentic book of hadith.
Hadith on death of child
1. Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Apostle (ﷺ) as saying:Anyone amongst the Muslims, three of whose children die, and he resigns himself calmly to the will of God, Fire will not touch him but for the fulfilment of the oath.(1)
2. Abu Huraira reported that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said to a woman of the Ansar: In case anyone amongst you sees the sad demise of three children of (hers) and she resigns herself to the will of God hoping to get reward, she would be admitted to Paradise. A woman from amongst them said: Allah’s Messenger, even if they (the children who die) are two. Thereupon, he (the Holy Prophet, ) said: Even if they are two.(2)
3. Abu Sa’id Khudri reported that a woman came to Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) and said:Allah’s Messenger, men receive your instructions; kindly allocate at your convenience a day for us also, on which we would come to you and you would teach us what Allah has taught you. He said: You assemble on such and such a day. They assembled and Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) came to them and taught them what Allah had taught him and he then said: No woman amongst you who sends her three children as her forerunners (in the Hereafter) but they would serve him as a protection against Hell-Fire. A woman said: What about two and two and two? Thereupon Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said: Even if they are two and two and two.(3)
4. Abu Hassan reported:I said to Abu Huraira that my two children had died. Would you narrate to me anything from Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) a hadith which would soothe our hearts in our bereavements? He said: Yes. Small children are the fowls of Paradise. If one of them meets his father (or he said his parents) he would take hold of his cloth, or he said with his hand as I take hold of the hem of your cloth (with my hand). And he (the child) would not take off (his hand) from it until Allah causes his father to enter Paradise. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Tamim with the same chain of transmitters. And he is reported to have said: Did you hear from Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) anything which may soothe our heart in our bereavements? He said: Yes.(4)
5. Abu Huraira reported that a woman came to Allah’s Apostle (ﷺ) with her child and said:Allah’s Apostle, invoke Allah’s blessing upon him for I have already buried three. He said: You have buried three! She said: Yes. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: You have, indeed, safeguarded yourself against the torment of Hell with a strong safeguard. ‘Umar has made a mention of his father, whereas others have not made a mention of his father.(5)
6. Abu Huraira reported that a woman came to Allah’s Apostle (ﷺ) with her child and said:Allah’s Messenger, he is ailing, and I am afraid (that he may die), as I have already buried three. Thereupon he said: It (their sad demise) would be a protection against Hell-Fire for you. Zuhair has not mentioned the kunya of Abu Ghiyath; he has mentioned his name.(6)
Reference of Hadith on death of child:
- Sahih Muslim 2632a
- : Sahih Muslim 2632c
- Sahih Muslim 2633
- Sahih Muslim 2635
- Sahih Muslim 2636a
- Sahih Muslim 2636b
If you like the article consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.
Follow us in our Social media Profiles: (facebook @islamhashtag), (instagram @islamhashtag ) and (pinterest @islamhashtag )