Are You New to Islam?
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. All praises are due to Allah; we praise Him; we seek His help; we seek His forgiveness; and we seek His guidance. We seek refuge in Allah from the evil in our souls and the badness of our deeds. For whomever Allah guides, there is none to lead him astray. And for whomever He allows to go astray, there is none to guide him. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, for whom there is no partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.
Congratulations and Welcome to Islam
Especially in these times with so many barriers placed in front of Islam and so many negative untruths spread about it, it is a great blessing from Allah that He gives specific individuals the ability to see the truth and light of Islam. A new Muslim—and, in fact, every Muslim—should always be thankful to Allah that Allah has blessed him with this ever-important knowledge and understanding of His religion.
By converting to Islam, As a New Muslim ,you have entered into a new realm that is most likely very different from your previous outlook on life. Perhaps most importantly though is that via Islam the New Muslim finds the means by which the Lord will be pleased with him and he becomes pleased with his Lord.
After Acceptance of Islam,Many New Muslims are left with the Question-“What Next”? They browse stuffs after stuffs on the internet or ask for advice from some fellow Muslim who may not be a Practicing Muslim . New Muslims sometimes get tired of the conflicting informations in the internet and they get Puzzled and confused.
Islam is not simply about the recognition of the Oneness of God or the fact that the Creator exists, for example. Islam is about something much greater than that. It is about the conscious decision made by the individual to worship and submit to the one and only God.
How to Convert to Islam?
You can Convert to Islam by Simply Saying the sahadah . If you want to Know why you should be Muslim if you believe in Allah and Allah’s book,then you must first refresh your imaan.Because Sahada is not only pronouncing the words of Sahada by words but you have to submit yourself to the will of Allah because it is to Allah we belong and to Allah we will return.
You can take sahada now itself : Watch emotional Sahada with Mufti Menk
Anyone who believes in One God and does not consider any other deity worthy of worship besides Him is considered as a Muslim.
All he or she has to do is to affirm the belief in the last Prophet of God- Muhammad, peace be upon him through saying:
La Ilaha Ilallah Muhammadur Rasul Allah
‘There is no deity (god) except Allah (the One and Only True God) and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. This is called the Shahadah (bearing witness to the Truth).
or by saying :
Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha il-la-l-laah” I bear witness that there is no god but Allah
“wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulul-laah” and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
How to Learn more about Islam ?
The two ultimate authorities in Islamic Law are the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet.
The Quran is the speech of Allah and a revelation that came directly to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) from Allah via the angel Gabriel. The Quran was revealed piece by piece over a period of twenty three years. It guided the early Muslim community along every step it took. It thus completely transformed that community into a pious generation. In the meantime, it set examples for all later Muslim communities who will face some of the same circumstances they faced. It transformed an Arab people who were on the margins of the civilized world at that time into the leaders of a great civilization, whose influence still continues today. When read, understood and applied properly today, it will also transform individuals or society and exalt them to new heights of piety and closeness to God.
I would request you to listen to the Quran because the recitation of Quran brings Peace and tranquility to the reciter and the listener.
Let Me also clear some Conceptions on Quran.
- The Original Quran-Only the Arabic Verses is called “Mushaf”
- Quran is translated in many Languages.if you see a Quranic ayah in arabic and an English translation side by side,it is Quran with translation. You can get a hardcopy for youself from amazon
- Quranic verse translated in different languages without the Arabic Verse is called the translation of Quran. If You would like to read the English translation of Quran,You can read “The Quran by Oxford University Press”.The Reason Why I am suggesting this book above other translations is because the translator of this book is the Only translator of Quran who has a mastery of both Arabic and English languages and this translation is very easy to read and Understand.
- A Detail Explanation or Commentry of Quran with full explanation of Quranic Verses also explaining the reason for revealation of Verse,the society to which it was revealed and Message in it is called Tafseer Al Quran”.Different Tafsirs of Quran are available today.One very important work available in English is the ten-volume Tafsir ibn Kathir (Abridged).This is the translation of an abridgment of a classical work of Quranic commentary by ibn Kathir (1301-1372 C.E.) In his study of Quranic commentaries, Muhammad Hussein al-Dhahabi calls this commentary one of the best of its kind. In this work, ibn Kathir follows the principles of Quranic commentary as elucidated by his teacher, the well-known ibn Taimiyyah. Perhaps the only drawback of this work is that it is a translation of a classic work and therefore was not written in a style that many today are most comfortable with. My Personal Recommendation is Tafheem Al quran.As I too follow this Tafsir and derive Immense benefit from It.
There are also Many Apps ans software available for Quran and You can download these apps on Your Phone and Laptop and Keep it Handy for Reference.
Sunnah-What is Sunnah
Sunnah is the sayings, actions and tacit approval of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. It is another source of Islamic Laws, rules and regulations,and rankssecond after the Quran.Sunnah is recorded in books of Hadith (narrations) and is important in understanding the meaning of the Quranic text, exploring the principles outlined in the Quran and showing how to understand and practice them.
In the Quran, Allah makes it clear that if someone loves Allah and wishes that Allah should love him in return, the key is to follow the way of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). Allah says, “Say (O Muhammad to humankind), ‘If you (truly) love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful’” (3:31).
The Quran says about the Prophet, “Indeed in the Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much” (33:21). The Prophet was, in a way, a “living Quran.” When the Prophet’s wife Aishah was asked about his character and behavior, she replied, “His character was the Quran.”
There is a very important relationship between the Quran and the Sunnah. The Sunnah demonstrates how the Quran is to be implemented. It is a practical explanation of what the Quran is teaching. It defines the morals, behaviors and laws of the Quran in such a way that its meaning becomes clear. This complete, human embodiment of the teachings of the Quran is a great blessing and mercy for Muslims. It makes the guidance from God more complete and accessible to all. Thus, the Quran and the Sunnah form one united unit that offers all the principles of guidance that humankind will need until the Day of Judgment.
The Book of Prophet Muhammad’s Sunnah is called Hadeeth.There is One thing We Must Note Here,In Islamic law, not every hadith is considered an authority. Only those that can meet rigid standards of authenticity are considered authoritative.
- The scholars call these types of hadith sahih (authentic) or hasan (good). Unacceptable hadith are classified as daeef (weak), very weak or fabricated.
- As for collections of hadith or the statements and actions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), two important collections are available in complete form in English. They are known as Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.
How is a Muslim supposed to be
How do Muslim Worship –
Every action done with the awareness that it fulfills the Will of God is considered an act of worship in Islam. But five specific acts of worship termed as the Pillars of Islam provide the framework of Muslim’s spiritual life. These are: declaration of Faith, Prayers, Alms giving. Fasting and Pilgrimage to Makkah for those who can afford to do so physically and financially.
1)Declaration of Faith
“There is none worthy of worship except One God (Allah), and that Muhammad is His messenger.”
It is called Shahadah (to bear witness). This is to affirm that God is One and that Muhammad, peace be upon him, is one of His Prophets.
2)Prayers / Salah
It is fadh(Obligatory on Muslims to Pray 5 times a Day.If you are New to Islam and you do not know to Pray,You can go to Masjid and Participate in jam’aat-the Prayer Muslim pray in Conjugation.The beauty about the jm’at is that you are not required to recite the Verses and you get the rewards 25 times more than Individual Salah.You can learn Slowly.I have tried to Explain the Islamic Prayer (with the meaning of the Arabic Verses included) in This Post however If you still have difficulties,you can go and talk to an Imam of the local Masjid,they will be glad to teach you.
3)Alms Giving or Zakat
It is Fardh(Obligatory ) on Every Muslims to give 2.5 % of their wealth annually as a Charity.This includes cash in hand, bank savings, bonds, and other objects of monetary value.you must be wondering Why did Allah Enjoined Zakat on Muslims?Zakat is a nullifier of Sins.It is one of five Pillars of Islam. To be precise, it is the third pillar after the Shahadah (Testimony of Faith) and Salat (Obligatory Prayer)
- The literal meaning of Zakat is purification. Here, to give Zakat implies purifying your wealth and soul by giving a portion of your wealth to those in need.
- The word Zakat appears in the Holy Quran a total of 32 times.
- Allah (S.W.T) has made Zakat compulsory on all Muslims instructing them to perform Salat and pay Zakat many times in the Holy Quran.
- This message is explicitly clear in Surat Al-Muzammil:
“And establish regular prayers and give regular charity; and loan to God a beautiful loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls, ye shall find it in God’s presence, Yea, better and greater in reward and seek ye the grace of God: for God is most forgiving, Most Merciful.”
- Being a fundamental pillar of Islam, Zakat is compulsory on every sane adult Muslim man or woman whose net yearly savings meet or exceed the Nisaab values.
- Zakat amounts to 2.5% of all net savings. This includes cash in hand, bank savings, bonds, and other objects of monetary value.
- Jewellery and gold are not exempt from Zakat. Therefore, their worth must be factored into total yearly savings.
- Items for personal use are exempt from Zakat. This includes your house, cars and clothing.
- Zakat is compulsory on every able bodied Muslim including those who are not employed as long as their net yearly savings meet or exceed the Nisaab Values.
- There is a clear difference between Zakat and Zakat-ul-Fitr. The latter is due on all Muslims, period. The former applies to only those who meet Nisaab values.
- Zakat is given to the poor and the needy. This includes people in debt.
- The Zakat amount can be broken down into different quantities and be given to multiple charities.
- Zakat is due on adults and as such children are exempt from Zakat.
Fasting During the Month of Ramadhan is Fardh (obligatory ) on Every Muslim.Every accountable Muslim is obligated to fast the month of Ramadan.For one to be obligated to fast, one must be of sound mind. Fasting is not obligatory on the insane person. Fasting is not obligatory on a person whose body cannot tolerate fasting, either due to old age or severe illness.
Fasting is not Like other Fasts and It has tremendous health benefit too. One has to Fast from dawn to Dusk.It is Sunnah to eat suhoor-Pe-dawn meal before the fardh Adhan and the fast will be broken after the Adhan of Maghrib is Pronounced.Unlike Other Fast you cannot eat and drink-not even Water.Allah Provides the stregth to those who fast and Many Muslim Children fast the whole Ramadhan just out of Excitement to earn more rewards.Believe Me,Allah makes it easy.
5)Pilgrimage to Mecca
Pilgrimage to Mecca -the Holy Ka’aba or the House of Allah can be Performed at any time of the year.This Pilgrimage is called”the Lesser Pilgrimage” or “Umrah”.When Pilgrimage is Performed during a Particular time of the year in the month of Dhul al hujja it is called as Hajj .Hajj coincides with Eid-ul Adha.Hajj is Obligatory on every able bodied Muslim who can afford it. Do you want to see LIVE Telecast from the Sacred Mosque of Mecca and Madina, watch Now !
Do you want to Know how does it feel Visiting the House of Allah?Well,With Technology Hajj has Changed a lot. Well,I can’t fully justify my feelings,It is all a Different Experience,but if you want to read about it, I had Penned down my feelings of my visit to Mecca
Are you a New Convert to Islam or are You willing to Convert to Islam?We Would Like to help you.
Write to us or fill up the form Below.We Will be glad to gift you some Books that would help you learn about Islam
A Guide for New Muslim :Free Gift (Books) Include:
1)Brief Illustrated History to Understand Islam:
It is a Very Beautiful Book by Darussalam Publications guiding a Person with some Evidence of truth of Islam,Benefits of Islam and Introduce you to Principles of Islam.
2)Don’t Be Sad
It is an Important Book full of Practical Advice on How to repel Despair and replace it with a Pragmatic and Ultimately satisfying Islamic Outlook on life.It exposes the Modern reader on how to face the trials and tribulation of Life
3)Fortress of the Muslim:Invocations from the Qur’an & Sunnah.
It is a Translation of Hisnul-Muslim. (aka ‘Citadel of the Believer’)This book consists of many authentic Dua’s (supplications) for a Muslim to supplicate on a daily basis and on special occasions.
If you like the article consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.(If you are using our content in your blog, kindly link us with a do follow link).
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.