How to Pray in Islam?
Salah/Namaj is the Islamic Prayer which is Obligatory/fardh on all Muslims. A new Convert is always faced with a Question”How to Pray”?How to offer salah?
Both Men and Women are required to do Wudu before Salah. Wudu is Purification and Cancel’s out One’s Sin.Here is an Infograph Explaining How to do Wudu:
After Performing,Wudu,We Stand for Salah.
Here is A video Description of the Islamic Prayer/Salah with the Description of Each Steps explained Subsequently:
WE START THE NAMAJ/SALAH WITH TAKBEERAT
Glorified are You O Allah and with Your praise and blessed is Your name;
And high is Your Majesty; and (there is) no god other than You
1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
6. Guide us to the Straight Way
7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).
Read any other Surah,For ex:Surah Asr
By Al-‘Asr (the time).
3. Except those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma’ruf)which Allah has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar)which Allah has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allah’s Cause during preaching His religion of Islamic Monotheism or Jihad, etc.).
THINGS WE PRONOUNCE AT THE TIME OF BOWING:RUKU
Translation: And high is Your Majesty; and (there is) no god other than You.
THINGS WE PRONOUNCE AFTER RISING UP FROM BOWING:QAYYAM
Sami allahu-leman hamidah
Allah listens to the one who praised Him
Rabbana Wa lakal Hamd
Translation: Our Lord. All the praise be to you.
THINGS WE SAY ON SUJOOD:
Subhan e rabbil aala
Glory be to my Lord, the Exalted.
TASHHAHUD WE READ
All the worships of tongue, body, and of spending wealth are due to Allah.
Peace be on you O Prophet, and the mercy of Allah and His blessings.
Peace be on us and on all the righteous slaves of Allah.
I bear witness that there is no god except Allah.
And I bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is His slave and His Messenger.
O Allah! Send peace on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad, pbuh
as You sent peace on Ibraheem and on the family of Ibraheem
Indeed, You are worthy of praise, full of glory
O Allah! Send blessings on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad (pbuh)
as You sent blessings on Ibraheem and on the family of Ibraheem (Abraham)
Indeed, You are worthy of praise, full of glory
ON ENDING PRAYER
O Allah! Indeed, I have wronged myself with excessive wrongs;
and none can forgive the sins except You;
So forgive me (my sins) out of Your forgiveness and have mercy on me.
Indeed You Alone are the Oft-Forgiving, the Most Merciful
WE GIVE SALAM
PRAYER AFTER SALAH
Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good
and in the Hereafter that which is good
And protect us from the punishment of the Fire.
O Allah, Help me to remember You and to give thanks to You and to worship You in the best possible way
I would also suggest a book,that I found very useful.Although I am a born Muslim but this book has everything we need to learn and revise about Islam.The name of the Book is “A New Muslim Guide” and here is its sample page-
If You are New to Islam,Check this guide for New Muslim and Collect these free Books that may benefit you>> Click here
A REQUEST:PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS
Imagine that you are lost in a desert. Your food and supplies are finished and you are getting close to death. Suddenly a man comes to you with food and drink. You enjoy the food, get your energy back and start thanking him. He asks you to help him in distributing the food to other ‘dying people.’ You just stand there and keep repeating, “May Allah have mercy on you, May Allah bless you.” Won’t it be a very rude thankless attitude? Extend this example to our relationship with the Prophet (pbuh). If we just pray for the Prophet and don’t convey the message to others, will the Prophet (pbuh) be happy with us?SO,PLEASE SHARE…
If you like the article consider sharing it. Your single share means a lots to us.Republishing the article is permitted on the condition of proper attributes and link.
Do you want to get a Weekly magazine? You can subscribe to get a weekly email with our recent articles.
Follow us in our Social media Profiles: (facebook @islamhashtag), (instagram @islamhashtag ) and (pinterest @islamhashtag )
This Post Has One Comment
it is a very nice and hopeful